Law School Discussion

how easy, or should I say difficult to change test location?

sorry for so many questions lately, I am registering for the sept lsat test. the only availabe place near my city is alameda, ca... i am wondering how easy it is to switch/change test date later on? or should I just wait for other test center to open up? I prefer sf or berkeley...

thanks again

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: how easy, or should I say difficult to change test location?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 10:35:16 PM »
It costs $31 to switch test centers. I don't know what the deadline is, but there probably is one. I registered for one far away early, because it was the  closest available, and switch to a closer one when it opened up. Sucks that I had to spend the extra $31, but I didn't want to be stuck without a test center.

paigeroo

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 10:53:42 PM »
sorry for so many questions lately, I am registering for the sept lsat test. the only availabe place near my city is alameda, ca... i am wondering how easy it is to switch/change test date later on? or should I just wait for other test center to open up? I prefer sf or berkeley...

thanks again

I think you can do it online.  Very simple.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:03:27 AM »
Very easy, but you should make the change as soon as possible.  It isn't unusual for test centers to fill up weeks before the test administration date.  This, of course, depends on where you want to go.  I haven't heard much about your area...

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »
how do you look for the new testing centers that recently open up?

or do you just have to go through the process of chaning test/center/ charge $31 and cancel if there's no closer testing center?

thanks

sck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 06:51:49 AM »
When I changed me test center I did it like this.

First, I had to change the date (since I rescheduled from my original date so I could have more time to prepare.)

Then, I realized I had to go to a wedding the day of the exam... in another city 3 hours away. My first attempt to change the test center didn't work -- it was full. I left it where I was, then kept checking back. Some finally opened up at UT about a week before the exam. It had been full before.

You might need to pick a location you can make, then keep checking back to change the location as time goes on. Things fill up or come open as people rechedule.

paigeroo

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:24:20 AM »
Ok I can't believe this topic is still going hahaha.  Just go online, pay a small fee... and viola' test date changed.   Although you've probably already done this in the past week or so we're still talking about it!