Law School Discussion

Chapman pt v Cal Western Ft

Chapman pt v Cal Western Ft
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:57:05 PM »
I just got off the waitlist for Chapman got into the part time program. Both schools offer me no money. Which one would you choose? Need Help... Thanks

Momo09

• View Profile
Re: Chapman pt v Cal Western Ft
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:11:53 PM »
since when does Chapman offered a PT program???

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:12:39 PM »
I just got off the waitlist for Chapman got into the part time program. Both schools offer me no money. Which one would you choose? Need Help... Thanks

You didn't also apply to Princeton Law, did you?

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:46:03 PM »
Yes, I believe there is a part time program at Chapman. The letter says that, "I am delighted to offer your admission in the part-time program for the 2006 entering class.

flydog

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:03:13 PM »
Chapman does not have a part time program

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »
Yes, I believe there is a part time program at Chapman. The letter says that, "I am delighted to offer your admission in the part-time program for the 2006 entering class.

You didn't already get your rejection from Princeton Law either, did you?

Skeptic

• I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »
Actually guys, Chapman does have a part time program.  It's really small.  It's funny because you cannot apply to their part time program, but they can decide to accept you for it.  Weird isn't it?  Here check out LSAC, they accepted 9 last yr for the program, and only 7 matriculated...scroll down to GPA and LSAT info

http://officialguide.lsac.org/OFFGUIDE/pdf/aba4926.pdf

flydog

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 07:56:54 PM »
It also says typical part time class size is zero. Most schools typically do have some part time students for various reasons including family emergencies, illness, scheduling conflicts, overenrollment, etc. Most school policies allow the dean to make exceptions to a student's course load.

If you look at the LSAC page for ASU http://officialguide.lsac.org/OFFGUIDE/pdf/aba4007.pdf they show 1 part time applicant and one admit but ASU does not have a part time program. According to LSAC Yale also had 1 part time student last year.

Chapman like Yale and ASU does not have a part time program and there is no way to apply part time but there may be students taking a lower course load for whatever reason and for that reason are part time students

Skeptic

• I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 05:05:11 PM »
That's true flydog, I heard Chapman PT is just basically 1 class short of a full time student course load.  And usually, PT students finish in 3 yrs by taking more courses in 2nd and/or 3rd yr.  It basically gives a student some space for them to decide the pace they want to take.  It's in a way an advantage.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 05:15:51 PM »

Depends on where you want to practice. If SD, then Cal Western, if OC then Chapman