Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: National Law School  (Read 13675 times)

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: National Law School
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2006, 06:19:42 AM »
Not everyone can go to an ABA approved law school.  They have children, they have financial obligations and commitments.  You must not have much experience in life if you can not understand that.

Many legal jobs, the 25-75 percent pay range of the legal field, those jobs are gotten through personal connectoin, reputation and track record.

If you have worked for a law firm or have connections in the legal community, you have a good chance to get a job.  Every state is different too, some states there is still a big need for lawyers. You can go to HK or Austalia even and practice.  Some people want to represent their own business or friends.  

You want this knowledge guarded, I want it spread. We have millionaire business men apply who just always wanted to be a lawyer but can't break their daily schedule to go back to school.  It goes on and on.

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2006, 06:21:19 AM »
You have to apply to National, we turn down students all the time that are not qualified or not a good fit for our program.

SCgrad

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2006, 06:34:21 AM »
I know this is a little off topic, but i don't care about the topic.  You all should know that an average person with no prep wouldn't get a 150.  I would say LSAT takers are on average smarter than the general pop. and most do prepare, and the average is 151.  An actual average intelligence person who doesn't prep wouldn't break 140.  Don't forget how smart y'all are.

(I say this only because it is disrespectful to those reading who have scores around 150 for those scores to be blasted so much)

Also, the OP is a tool.

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2006, 06:54:29 AM »
I actually said in the 140's.  I maintain if an above average students briefly looks over the LSAT pre book they will get in the 140's.

SCgrad

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2006, 07:06:31 AM »
I actually said in the 140's.  I maintain if an above average students briefly looks over the LSAT pre book they will get in the 140's.

the only thing i wrote concerning you is on the last line.

hth

SCgrad

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2006, 07:07:06 AM »
I know this is a little off topic, but i don't care about the topic.  You all should know that an average person with no prep wouldn't get a 150.  I would say LSAT takers are on average smarter than the general pop. and most do prepare, and the average is 151.  An actual average intelligence person who doesn't prep wouldn't break 140.  Don't forget how smart y'all are.

(I say this only because it is disrespectful to those reading who have scores around 150 for those scores to be blasted so much)

Also, the OP is a tool.

WTF is an LSAT?

Law School Admissions Test

SCgrad

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2006, 07:11:16 AM »
well, another benifit of nls is you don't have to waste 200 dollars or more on that silly little test.

redemption

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2006, 09:27:09 AM »
I think you're all being too hard on the OP and the NLS concept.

OP: if you want your marketing to work, you'll have to be much more transparent. I am a likely  supporter of the idea of unaccredited online law schools, but even I have great reservations about NLS because of the lack of information presented on the website and in your posts here.

How much? Who teaches? When established? What share of alumni (if any) are now practicing as lawyers? Bar passage rate?

The more information you give, the better. And stop with the evasive text on your site.

redemption

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »
The market = saturated? Maybe. The salary/income of lawyers argues against it. If the market were saturated, what is the point of the ABA and of the state bar organizations? To keep quality up? I don't believe that. They are monopolies as much as they are regulatory agencies.

Older students who have been paralegals or have otherwise worked in jobs that brings them into close contact with legal issues (e.g. social work) should have the opportunity to practice as lawyers, even if they do not meet the requirements of ABA-approved schools.

This is particularly true for those who want to practice solo and who want a modified career in public interest law. There is a shortage of immigration lawyers, puiblic defenders, legal advocates for migrant workers, etc.

That a school is new doesn't argue against its right to exist. All schools were new once. It just means that it has to have an intelligent and ethical business model, and I am suggesting to the OP that he make the business model transparent.

redemption

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2006, 10:10:24 AM »
http://www.payscale.com/research/vid-29471/fid-6886

Compared to engineers, for example, it seems high. No?