Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: National Law School  (Read 13545 times)

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: National Law School
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2006, 05:05:26 AM »
The BPPVE has had to learn some tough lessons in the past and now works very closely with the State Bar of California.  As your examples are the exception, National does pay a Student Tuition Recovery fund as mandated in the State of California.

California law covers the consumer in such cases.

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 05:10:45 AM »
If you would like to meet us in person and make these comments, that is just fine.  I know you are not speaking the truth, as we are not doing this for the money and our motives certainly are directed at helping students and putting together the very best program possible.  We do fill a niche that is wanted in society.

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 05:19:45 AM »
I have an applicant I am working with who scored a 164 on her January 05 LSAT.  She is 38 year old, did her undergraduate at University of Illinois with a 3.67 GPA.  She has worked as a business analysis for entrust capital in NY, has recently worked for Google in California and has always wanted to be a lawyer.  She doesn't have time to drive to the closest ABA law school, and even a night class program would not fit into her schedule.  What do you tell a student in this situation and the hundreds of others from around the country in the exact same situation.  If you want phone numbers and help us conduct the interviews, it would be most appreciated.

Doug Marcus
www.nationallawschool.net

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 05:26:52 AM »
We only accept 40 students.  We are a small exclusive law school who accepts well qualified students who show a real desire to study law and are a good fit for our unique program. 

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 05:44:01 AM »
Only time can prove you wrong.  We want students to know that this is a viable option.  You say it is not, we say that it is.  Lets speak in a few years and see where things are at.  There are many qualified students, who are in careers but want to change, could easily get into an ABA school, but perfer a week by week online schedule.  Your way of thinking is valid, but eventually it will become outdated.  Look at medicine and what computers and technology did in that field.  Where is the legal technology? It is going to take a long time, but you will eventually see National Law School as an ABA approved school and our students in the online program will do very well for themselves.

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 05:49:02 AM »
Guarded means students who can not afford, have the time or ability to get to an ABA approved school.  It does us no good if we accept everyone and 40 per cent drop out.  We are exclusive, in that we keep classes very small.

I am not going to get into a personal attack with you, I am here to represent national law school and express my opinions on behalf of the school.  It is late, we are having a friendly discussion and I just want to make it very clear that we want the very best for our students and will do everything in our power to help them

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 05:52:39 AM »
I never said ABA wasn't important.  what I said was, no law school can start off as ABA, and it isnt necessary to be ABA to sit for the bar exams of certain states.  There is no such thing as an ABA approved online school because of the class room seating hours requirement.  We have some unique plans to facilitate our vision.  Hopefully some of the legal technology and learning tools go along way in the legal community and advance our society.

Doug Marcus
www.nationallawschool.net

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2006, 06:05:20 AM »
Let me try to explain my argument to you sir.

We are selective, but with a different kind of student who attends a traditional law school.  Our student pool is composed of business owners, individuals working who really desire to practice law, paralegals, law clerks etc who would all love to practice, have connections in the work place.  What you do not understand is someone getting out of an ABA school at twenty five is alot different than the student who goes to National.  Can't you concede there are many students who just can not afford, have the time or ability to attend an ABA school.  National is a fantastic opportunity for them.

The whole educational industry is moving towards distance learning or atleast using it to enhance traditional class rooms.  Harvard has distance education classes.  Name one school that doesn't offer some sort of distance learning program.  I swear to you, we have even gotten PhD students apply to National.  We are not against the ABA, we are not against high LSAT score testers, we just want you to understand that not all students can go to an ABA school

I would atleast ask you to agree, that some qualified students, with alot of previous business or legal experience, are not able to go to an ABA approved law school

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2006, 06:09:43 AM »
National students are not fresh out of college. You fail to understand this.  Someone who finishes our program is typically in their 30's or 40's.  Some have 10 years as a paralegal or clerk. They come to us normally after years of experience, varying graduate degrees.  Not everyone figures out what they really want to do in life when they are twenty one.  

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2006, 06:13:55 AM »
National is open to any unique circumstances or students.  We want as many people as possible to know this is an option, and then we will pick from the very best candidates.  Most of our students are older, we certainly do look at students right out of high school who make a good case that they are a good fit and qualified for our program.