Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: National Law School  (Read 12841 times)

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
Re: National Law School
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 04:29:36 AM »
They should change the name of National to Scamford Law. Then you could put a really Gothic Olde English-y font on the diplomas, so it looks like you graduated from the other Palo Alto school. People could do anything with that degree!
Columbia 2L.

baytostay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 04:31:25 AM »
On the upside I guess that it will improve Pali's reputation for being a hotbed of internet innovation.  Perhaps we should alert Faye to these interlopers?

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 04:31:52 AM »
It takes atleast a 144 to get into Cooley and each year it goes up and up.  In the next few years, only a high 140's on the LSAT will get you into Cooley.

More or less, even a 150 isn't going to get you into alot of places.  Cooley loves to enroll alot of 1st year students, have a curve which fails out 20% or more of the students.  It is a huge money game alot of lower tier law schools play, they enroll so many 1st year students knowing they will far or drop out, if they all went on to the 2nd year, they couldn't fit them.

Lastly, practicing law ans going to law school are two totally different things.  If you got a very high LSAT, that is a wonderful accomplishment, and shows me real dedication.  

I don't doubt that that many "great" lawyers will score in the 140's and 150's.

Doug Marcux
www.nationallawschool.net

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 04:35:09 AM »
National Law School hates students dropping out or failing out.

Students who score high on the LSAT, show us they are motivated to study law and will be in the program for the duration.

We always encourage students to take the LSAT and love to see them score high.

baytostay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2006, 04:35:46 AM »
TITCR.

Doug, I would love to argue with you into the wee hours, but I have a real paying job in a real life law office to be at tomorrow morning, so I'm off to bed. 

Also, I'm a girl.  Yes, you were PWN3D by a girl.  G'nite.

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2006, 04:37:24 AM »
More or less, even a 150 isn't going to get you into alot of places.  Cooley loves to enroll alot of 1st year students, have a curve which fails out 20% or more of the students.  It is a huge money game alot of lower tier law schools play, they enroll so many 1st year students knowing they will far or drop out, if they all went on to the 2nd year, they couldn't fit them.
Doug Marcux

I see. But if your school is online, you don't have to worry about space, so you can bleed those people dry for four years instead of just one. Nice business model.
Columbia 2L.

@#$%, Fire, and Damnation.

• Sr. Citizen
  • We're a team.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 04:38:16 AM »
It takes atleast a 144 to get into Cooley and each year it goes up and up.  In the next few years, only a high 140's on the LSAT will get you into Cooley.

We all understand that.  Cooley is, unfortunately, only the second most respectable law scam behind William Mitchel or some such school from what I've read on the internet.  There are just too many of these non-accredited and state-accredited schools out there that are financially instable.  You get people's hopes up knowing full well that reality paints a much starker picture for them.  The jobs arent going to be there in the first place, no matter how well the may be capable of actually performing.  They aren't even going to get their foot in the door and you know it.

Just look at this list.  You're in a hot little market in Cali and you're trying to make a fast buck of people's unrealistic dreams--and you're not fooling anybody.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?cid=10115&id=5128

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 04:43:52 AM »
Fast Buck?   Have you seen our tuition?  The tuition we receive goes right back into educating the students.  I wish you could think of our program as a professional licensure course.  It allows you to become a lawyer in California.  It is true our school has not been ABA Approved, but as I stated, you have to be in operation for atleast a year before even applying for ABA approval.

Unless you can get into a top tier law school or receive top marks at your ABA law school, it is going to be a huge fight to initially get a job.  Anyways, National has nothing but the best of intentions and we hope many of our students will be just as capable as you top ABA graduates.

Doug Marcus
wwww.nationallawschool.net

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 04:48:12 AM »
You are only thinking of a traditional student, who has the money and time to prepare properly.  That is like saying, if my parents got my brother a private tutor in High School, worked with him for hours each day, and paid someone to check all his work, he would have gotten all A's.  I agree, the LSAT is a big indicator of raw motivation to study law, but just because someone can not show that on the LSAT exam, doesn't mean that burning desire is not there.  I talk to students all the time in the 140's who I feel have some real potential.  Some are business owners, mothers, law clerks etc.  They just didn't realize how competitve and how prepared they needed to be for the LSAT.

National is willing to give students like that a chance, and encourages them to do well on the LSAT by offering tuition discounts.

Doug Marcus

nationallaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2006, 05:01:50 AM »
Sir, I understand your concern with the socratic method and National will address that issue with software.  As they have made virtual poker rooms, we will create a virtual classroom and implement the Socratic mentod of learning.  

I understand this is a big challenge, but we do plan to implement this plan.  We feel it is for the better, a legal education can not be so guarded from the public.  It has to become less of a noble calling, which most lawyers find out after working for a firm for a few years.

As for making profits, that certainly is not the case.  Call ecollege.com and ask them how much it costs to license their technology?  This is a four year program, professors charge money, on average $90,000 a year.

I assure you, the tuition is put right back into the software, developing future software and business and office expenses.  

Doug Marcus