Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fast pull of my LSAC file? Does it mean anything?  (Read 1118 times)

David Bakody

• LSAT 151 GPA 3.53
    • View Profile
Fast pull of my LSAC file? Does it mean anything?
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:03:53 PM »
Sorry.  I had a hard time explaining this post in the subject header.

I'm wondering about something.

I've applied to several law schools over the past month.  Four of them I applied to on January 31st (over the Internet).  Two days later I see all four of them requested my file/report from LSAC.  Ok, that's good, since these are four of the five schools I am the most interested in attending.

Here's what I dont' understand - the other 10 or so law schools I applied at earlier in the month have yet to request my file.  At first, I figured it was because they hadn't put through my check, but the four schools that pulled my file right away didn't even have TIME to get my application payment.

Does this mean anything?  If a school gets your application and then a couple days later requests your report - is that a good sign, or is it just a coincidence?

apartment

Re: Fast pull of my LSAC file? Does it mean anything?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 12:51:32 PM »
It is good news in the sense that schools that pull your record quickly are a) not swamped or b) more organized than your standard school.  So, you may hear from them faster than a school that has not yet requested your file, but it likely sheds no light on how "excited" a school is about your application.

David Bakody

• LSAT 151 GPA 3.53
    • View Profile
Re: Fast pull of my LSAC file? Does it mean anything?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 01:04:22 PM »
That's sort-of good news as I think everyone in this forum cna attest that waiting is the hardest part.  Naturally, I don't want a mailbox full of rejections, but I'd much rather get rejected quickly than have it drawn out through July.