Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stand up for the war  (Read 9497 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: Stand up for the war
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2004, 10:07:48 PM »
here's my point:
if you bvelieve that war is a last resort AND
if you believe that the war in Iraq is necessary, just , rightous, etc...

then you should have no problem putting your life on the line
and/or your child's life on the line.

if not, then you are a hypocrite and you have a lack of testicular fortitude (period)
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Section Eight

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2004, 10:09:54 PM »

Why would his child not have the right to make their own choices in life?  Is the child really to be held responsible for the father's beliefs?

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2004, 10:10:43 PM »
What the hell does that have to do with my testicles?

You are smoking crack, not blunts.

Id put my life on the line for this, my brothers life, my nephews life, my fathers life, so long as they chose to do so freely.  Thats what a democracy is about.  People making choices, just like our all volunteer force.

And your invitation still stands.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 10:11:14 PM »
you misunderstand me sec8... of course a father cant force a child to join the military

jgruber

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2004, 10:11:22 PM »
His point is this.

If your child were in the military and likely to serve in the war, would you support the war?  If you were in Congress would you vote to authorize it?

Why would his child not have the right to make their own choices in life?  Is the child really to be held responsible for the father's beliefs?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2004, 10:13:37 PM »
ahongus, if you want me to check to see how small your testis are then you clearly dont belong in the military, remember dont ask dont tell.

the fact that people volunteered because they had no money for college doesnt prove your point at all, in fact it goes to show that the people that make the wars arent the ones that fight them...but you already knew that didnt you ahongus?

Section Eight

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2004, 10:15:13 PM »
I know exactly what his point was.  I just can't stand actions like this, Michael Moore going around asking congress members to sign their kids up for enlistment into the military without even considering the children's individual beliefs.  I understand it is to make a point; however, I think it is an absolute horrible way to do so.

My mother does not support the war; however, she does support me and my military career.  She is always nervous for my safety, yet she does not try to keep me from serving.  She believes in my belief that I am doing the right thing.

His point is this.

If your child were in the military and likely to serve in the war, would you support the war?  If you were in Congress would you vote to authorize it?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2004, 10:18:18 PM »
im glad for you sec 8,but you are clearly an exception to the rule.  the fact is that a lot more people think this war is necessary than are actually willing to make a sacrifice for it.  

jgruber

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2004, 10:19:36 PM »
He's just trying to make the point that the decision congressmen make will send someone's children to war and it most likely will not be their own.

I know exactly what his point was.  I just can't stand actions like this, Michael Moore going around asking congress members to sign their kids up for enlistment into the military without even considering the children's individual beliefs.  I understand it is to make a point; however, I think it is an absolute horrible way to do so.

My mother does not support the war; however, she does support me and my military career.  She is always nervous for my safety, yet she does not try to keep me from serving.  She believes in my belief that I am doing the right thing.

His point is this.

Section Eight

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2004, 10:21:19 PM »
Once again, I understand the point he is trying to make; I just think it is a poor way of doing so.

He's just trying to make the point that the decision congressmen make will send someone's children to war and it most likely will not be their own.

I know exactly what his point was.  I just can't stand actions like this, Michael Moore going around asking congress members to sign their kids up for enlistment into the military without even considering the children's individual beliefs.  I understand it is to make a point; however, I think it is an absolute horrible way to do so.

My mother does not support the war; however, she does support me and my military career.  She is always nervous for my safety, yet she does not try to keep me from serving.  She believes in my belief that I am doing the right thing.

His point is this.