Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Superman Returns- So....what did you think? *SPOILERS*  (Read 386 times)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Superman Returns- So....what did you think? *SPOILERS*
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »
Ok so I saw this thing yesterday....and....I hated it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Superman. I've watched all the the Christopher Reeve versions and even watched the Lois and Clark tv series a few years back. But I got to say that outside of the special effects, the movie was pretty flat leaving me most of the time to say "ok...next".  The plot/storyline was just so blah. I was bored for half the movie. I hated that they cast a 23 year old to be a mom of a 5 year old kid, which btw was pretty dumb especially since when you think of Lois Lane, you think of a tough, ball-busting, take-no-$hit newswoman...Lois isn't supposed to me a mom figure if you ask me. I liked Brandon Routh as Clark but as Superman, he was m'eh...just ok. I dunno. I guess he was too young for me too. To make matters worse, they give him a son?!?!?!?! wtf? I think it was such a wrong move since the allure of Superman is the sadness that he isn't "one of us" and will never be able to enjoy such things in life as romance and family because of the duties he has to the world. Now he's a dad?????? Don't get me started on the plot holes- if I remember correctly, at the end of Superman II, Clark/Superman kisses Lois making her forget the time they had spent together and the fact that he was Superman...sooooo how in the world did she allow herself to continue with a pregnancy where she doesn't remember the conception? She figures it's Superman's kid, but did she remember they had sex? Plus how does the kid have powers if when he was conceived, Clark was human and NOT Superman??? I don't know. This movie just disappointed me in so many ways. I did like the score and some of the action sequences but without a good story all you have is a $250 million fireworks show. Maybe it's just me.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Superman Returns- So....what did you think? *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »
I agree with everything you said... the only good part of the movie was Parker Posey, she was funny as always.

I was expecting a sort of Batman Begins re-do.  don't you think it's weird that they pretended that 3 didn't exist ('cause it's not true to the DC story [not sure if that was their motivation]), but then they give him a kid.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 03:22:41 PM »
I'm indifferent to Superman as a character... clark kinda annoys me... at least Bruce Wayne is a hottie ladies man.

I found myself so bored last night.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:52:44 PM »
definitely agree with adehmar- i would've liked to see a superman that wasn't one dimensional...

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 08:22:50 AM »
you people sicken me.

it was a good movie, and i hop ethey do a sequel!

sheesh, what do you expect?  lots of drama and stuff?
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
I actually loved it.  And I think the guy they chose is perfect.

Pythagoras

• Sr. Citizen
  • ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
I actually loved it.  And I think the guy they chose is perfect.

I would've agreed with you anytime up until yesterday afternoon when I caught the original on TV.  Christopher Reeve's superman/Clark had lots of personality and spark.  This new guy's handsome but bland. 

But then again, maybe new guy isn't to blame.  Chris Reeve was older and had Margot Kidder and Gene Hackman to play off of.  This guy doesn't.
ATTENDING: Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pythagoras22

"Ponme la mano aqui, macorina.  Ponme la mano aqui."