Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what's BC like?  (Read 4608 times)

scordato

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: what's BC like?
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 10:42:05 PM »
i visited nelson, bc a few weeks ago.  at the soccerfields near the lakefront, there is a sign that warns "loud noises are emmitted from time to time by the city of nelson to scare away the geese"

Jeit

• Sr. Citizen
  • It is.
    • ICQ Messenger - 526149
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 12:48:54 PM »
I was in the UBC law building today.

I must say, UBC is a beautiful campus, with some great architecture. As you walk through the grand avenue of oak trees, past libraries which look like European cathedrals... brand new, 50 story, extra-post-modern science structures... you then come to the law building. The law building is the least inspiring, 60's minimalist, piece of crap you could imagine. I would hope a law building be the most grand structure of them all... at least UBC's law building is right next to the Georgia Straight with a fabulous view of Vancouver Island.

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 11:57:30 PM »
BC is f-ing Awsome! Vancouver is the best Canadian city I've ever been to (never been east tho). Best Chronic in the world. Freshest air I've ever breathed. Great party scene. Tons of natural beauty (women and nature).

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 10:54:26 AM »
BC and UVic are both gorgeous.  Makes me want to apply there.

Matt

kerisd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2004, 02:02:17 PM »
UVIC (Victoria) and UBC (Vancouver) are both beautiful places..
We have gorgeous scenery here.. but mind you.. it's very humid.. and some ppl don't like the rain..
but you'll get used to it!

Cheeks, if you're seriously considering these two schools, you should definitely visit and check it out

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 02:04:49 PM »
UVIC (Victoria) and UBC (Vancouver) are both beautiful places..
We have gorgeous scenery here.. but mind you.. it's very humid.. and some ppl don't like the rain..
but you'll get used to it!

Cheeks, if you're seriously considering these two schools, you should definitely visit and check it out

if I get accepted i will def. be making a road trip! ... I can't wait :D

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004, 02:40:14 PM »
I say UVic is in an amazing place and the faculty is quite nice.  If you don't like the big cities, Victoria is the place to be, especially since small in this case does not equal sleepy town.

Vancouver's university is really nice too, although faculty of law happens to be the worst place on the campus...  Ugh.

BC itself is gorgeous.  While I think I'm bound to be an Ontarian (Torontonian) for life, the outlying nature and the weather make this a seriously sweet place.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 02:42:37 PM »
that's why I'm considering applying to UVic.  I actually finished the application and stopped right before the last page!  As soon as my rejection letters start flowing in around december/january, I'll get back to it and send it in ;)

kerisd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004, 03:37:21 PM »
not only is Victoria a great place to be..
UVIC has an amazing law faculty.. one of the best in the country
I've heard raving comments about the ppl there.. You supposedly have a wonderful sense of community there!

victrola

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2004, 09:02:48 PM »
as a native of toronto, an alumnus of mcgill, and a current resident of vancouver, i have to say that BC and the city of vancouver are unequivocally the best places to live in the world.  i will be devastated if i don't get into UBC because i love vancouver so much.  the people in vancouver are so much friendlier than in toronto or montreal, the weather is way better (sure it rains during the winter but it's better than freezing your ass off), you are right by the beach and the mountains and can go snowboarding any day of the week at local mountains.  the atmosphere is relaxed and easy-going.  i remember when i first moved here, after spending my entire life on the east coast, i was baffled by the way people behaved.  they walked more slowly, drove slowly, smiled at you, and waited until the light turned green to cross the street.  it drove me INSANE!  if you live in toronto or montreal, you know about people rushing like they are always in hurries, honking horns and looking like the world is going to end.  now, i find myself walking slowly and smiling at people, too.  it sounds super cheesy, but i think the thing about vancouverites is that we enjoy life.  we are mellow, laid-back, and don't get as angry as those east-coast cities.  whenever my sister comes here (a torontonian), she always remarks at how at peace she feels and happy to be here.  the air is cleaner and everything is GREEN.

seriously, i should be paid to give these kind of endorsements but i love the city of vancouver!