Law School Discussion

need a little help getting over the hump

zzzz

need a little help getting over the hump
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:48:24 PM »
some of you may remember that I was an applicant this past semester, but most you don't.  Anyway, I didn't study for the october 2005 exam as well as I should have (I'll save you all the sob story), but my wife and I both got employment offers we couldn't turn down for this upcoming year.  consequently, I'm working hard this summer for the sept 30th test.  I didn't really do anything for last october and got a 156.  I started studying a month ago and have taken 8 prep tests so far (161, 158, 162, 161, 162, 163, 165, 162) and have 20 to go between now and test day.  I took the last test today and I know that it was a bad day (I was prescribed pain killers a few days ago and I was just feeling wierd today).  I imagine that there are several folks on this forum who have some sweet advice on how to take it to the next level (168+).  I'm almost done with the LRB and LGB.  Any words of wisdom?  Let me just say that I can get a 177-180 non-timed, and not working crazy over time.  Is it just practice or what?   Any advice would be awesome. 

Re: need a little help getting over the hump
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:09:30 PM »
some of you may remember that I was an applicant this past semester, but most you don't.  Anyway, I didn't study for the october 2005 exam as well as I should have (I'll save you all the sob story), but my wife and I both got employment offers we couldn't turn down for this upcoming year.  consequently, I'm working hard this summer for the sept 30th test.  I didn't really do anything for last october and got a 156.  I started studying a month ago and have taken 8 prep tests so far (161, 158, 162, 161, 162, 163, 165, 162) and have 20 to go between now and test day.  I took the last test today and I know that it was a bad day (I was prescribed pain killers a few days ago and I was just feeling wierd today).  I imagine that there are several folks on this forum who have some sweet advice on how to take it to the next level (168+).  I'm almost done with the LRB and LGB.  Any words of wisdom?  Let me just say that I can get a 177-180 non-timed, and not working crazy over time.  Is it just practice or what?   Any advice would be awesome. 

If you have gotten 177-180 non-timed, then just work on timing. You obviously have the mind/capability to grasp pretty much any question, its just a matter of getting yourself in the rhythm of 35 minutes, 35 minutes, 35 minutes....