Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question for Koreans?: Why eat dogs but not cats?  (Read 6546 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Question for Koreans?: Why eat dogs but not cats?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2004, 03:56:43 PM »
mmmm... hairy chicken

hairy chicken in china often go 'meow'
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Ginatio

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2004, 03:57:57 PM »
mmmm... hairy chicken

hairy chicken in china often go 'meow'

yea... 6 years after the fact i'm starting to wonder if I might have been served a nice big helping of cat...

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2004, 04:01:30 PM »
A friend of mine was in Brazil once, and ordered some food from a booth.  I can't remember what it was, but he loved it.  As he was leaving the area, he thought he'd see what was going on behind the booth.

He ate dog.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 04:03:04 PM »
A friend of mine was in Brazil once, and ordered some food from a booth.  I can't remember what it was, but he loved it.  As he was leaving the area, he thought he'd see what was going on behind the booth.

He ate dog.

i bet he liked it.

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2004, 04:04:21 PM »

He ate dog.

i bet he liked it.

If you'll look again at my last post, I said "he loved it."

nathanielmark

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2004, 04:04:41 PM »
i read something somewhere that dog meat has a certain protein structure that can also be found in human meat.  supposedly, this protein gives a unique feeling of satisfaction when you eat the meat, that you wont get from a cow burger....
i dont know if this is true, but i definitely read it somewhere.  perhaps you can vouch for this DSONG?

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2004, 04:05:15 PM »

He ate dog.

i bet he liked it.

If you'll look again at my last post, I said "he loved it."

o...my bad.  

but dog is good, especially the liver.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2004, 04:08:20 PM »
i read something somewhere that dog meat has a certain protein structure that can also be found in human meat.  supposedly, this protein gives a unique feeling of satisfaction when you eat the meat, that you wont get from a cow burger....
i dont know if this is true, but i definitely read it somewhere.  perhaps you can vouch for this DSONG?

the whole idea of eating dog meat comes from the fact that people believe it to be a healthy thing. 

the dish in korea is called BOSHINTANG.  BoShin in korean means 'health'.  some people call a similar stew made with goats called 'young-yang-tang'.  YoungYang in korean means healthy too. 

people believe it to provide a longevity to live, as well as other special health positives. 

i eat it cuz i just wanna see what lassie taste like.

nathanielmark

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2004, 04:09:57 PM »
are their korean specialty places in the city where you can get it?  otherwise, where would you eat it? 

the whole idea of eating dog meat comes from the fact that people believe it to be a healthy thing. 

the dish in korea is called BOSHINTANG.  BoShin in korean means 'health'.  some people call a similar stew made with goats called 'young-yang-tang'.  YoungYang in korean means healthy too. 

people believe it to provide a longevity to live, as well as other special health positives. 

i eat it cuz i just wanna see what lassie taste like.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2004, 04:12:42 PM »
i dont know anywhere in the states where you can get it except for one of my friend's grandmother's house.  i know nyc wont serve it (some sort of health code violation and animal rights *&^%).  but i bet there are underground places in LA that will serve it.  even in korea, there arent that many places that will serve it...too much hassle with the general public's view against it, especially the later generations who value dogs more for aesthetics and companionship than a meal.

are their korean specialty places in the city where you can get it?  otherwise, where would you eat it?