Law School Discussion

Question for Koreans?: Why eat dogs but not cats?

mukhia

Re: Question for Koreans?: Why eat dogs but not cats?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 09:35:27 AM »
dang.. I've always had this odd fear of someday cracking an egg open and it being freakishly fertilized by mistake.  That creeps me out!

I freak out when I crack an egg and see two yolks - for some reason, the extra yolk makes me actually think about the chicken as a living thing...

Bisquick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 09:39:57 AM »
Interesting, maybe its the shape.  I've heard of double yolks, but never actually cracked one open.  I think you are safe by even the most conservative definition of life on that, though (pro-life movements don't normally protect unfertilized egg rights).  Unless you are thinking of the chicken that was the source of the egg.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 09:42:02 AM »
You know, in the Philippines, they eat this thing called dalouth/valouth/baluth - it's a duck/chicken(?) egg with the the bird already half-formed in it and it's considered a delicacy and aphrodisiac...

i saw it on the foodtv show 'a cooks tour'.  that *&^% looks nasty as hell.  but id try it.

You really would?  It stinks so bad...my gag reflex was in action before I could even look at it...don't post about your dumps after you try it, okay?

thats the first thing i would do...post about my turd after i ate one of those.  knowing me, id probably eat one, and find out it tasted weird...but eat another one just to see what its like to eat another. 

i hear theyre incorporating it into restaurants over there.

mukhia

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 09:46:18 AM »
Hmmm...ever eat anything that was still alive and kicking?

dsong02

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 09:47:30 AM »

octopus.  live baby octopus is a delicacy in korea.  but several people die every year from choking on them getting attached to their throats with their little suction thingies. 

but its damn good.

Bisquick

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 09:53:56 AM »
couldn't you get the same effect a little safer if you just killed them before eating them?

dsong02

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 09:55:10 AM »
couldn't you get the same effect a little safer if you just killed them before eating them?

it wouldnt be the same.  half the fun is trying to stay alive while eating them.

Bisquick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 09:56:38 AM »
so would they taste great while playing Russian roulette?

dsong02

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 09:57:38 AM »
so would they taste great while playing Russian roulette?

no silly.  in russian roulette, you have a 1 in 6 chance of dying.  eating baby octopus is more like 1 in 100. 

mukhia

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 09:59:43 AM »

octopus.  live baby octopus is a delicacy in korea.  but several people die every year from choking on them getting attached to their throats with their little suction thingies. 

but its damn good.

Oh, Jesus, I think I almost fainted when I read this...even goat's looking good now.