Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So you have to pay another $100 for LSDAS?  (Read 825 times)

denk

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - music_art_pdx
    • View Profile
    • My Pre-law blog
So you have to pay another $100 for LSDAS?
« on: June 28, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »
Ok, maybe I'm stoopid, but I couldn't figure out why I was unable to "request transcripts" on the LSAC web system.  I've entered in my undergrad info, and I've checked every possible box saying that I want to share my info, etc.

And now I just noticed some screen that does say something about a $100 or so fee for LSDAS distinct from any testing fees.  And, although one's data will be kept for a certain amount of time, no action (ie. reviewing transcripts) will happen unless the LSDAS fee is paid.

Have I got it right?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: So you have to pay another $100 for LSDAS?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 04:35:56 PM »
Yea it's bs...I was like "damn" when I saw that I had to shell out more money.  Bastards.
Columbia 3L

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 04:37:44 PM »
Yup, it's stupid. And then 12 bucks a pop for your applications on top of the app fees.

It's part of why I haven't signed up for it yet... I'm moving right now, I don't have the spare hundred bucks!
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

strivergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »
yeah.  and i know they always say that the cost of applying is negligible comprared to the cost of attending, but it still pisses me off.  i mean, that's $100 worth of alcohol i could be drinking right now to while away the time before tomorrow.

ILoveUncleJesse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »
I dont know about other schools, but I had to pay Penn State 6 bucks just to send my transcript.  That was pretty fun.

dusya4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 04:39:39 PM »
Ok, maybe I'm stoopid, but I couldn't figure out why I was unable to "request transcripts" on the LSAC web system.  I've entered in my undergrad info, and I've checked every possible box saying that I want to share my info, etc.

And now I just noticed some screen that does say something about a $100 or so fee for LSDAS distinct from any testing fees.  And, although one's data will be kept for a certain amount of time, no action (ie. reviewing transcripts) will happen unless the LSDAS fee is paid.

Have I got it right?

denk! where have you been? We missed ya. :)
All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=XYHA4

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »
I dont know about other schools, but I had to pay Penn State 6 bucks just to send my transcript.  That was pretty fun.

Yeah. One of mine is either 5 or 15, I forget which.

The other two? They're free.

The irony is, the one that costs me is the grad school one I'd like to forget, except I'm applying to their law school.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

denk

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - music_art_pdx
    • View Profile
    • My Pre-law blog
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

denk! where have you been? We missed ya. :)

Hey Dusya - Thanks :) I missed you all too. 

To tell the truth, it was a little freakin' intense for me - waiting for the June results, reading the daily discussion of it.

And then trying to have a real life, of course!  My day job can be nearly as stressful - I own a little music performance space:  http://greenfabric.com

How are you holding up?

GreyStreet

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 05:22:23 PM »
yeah.  and i know they always say that the cost of applying is negligible comprared to the cost of attending, but it still pisses me off.  i mean, that's $100 worth of alcohol i could be drinking right now to while away the time before tomorrow.

This is TCR.  I think strivegirl and I have a lot in common.

paigeroo

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »

This is TCR.  I think strivegirl and I have a lot in common.

GREYSTREET !!  YOU AND WILLIAM ARE BACK !!  ;D