Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shameful and Frightening: GOP takes measures to supress Black Vote...  (Read 6118 times)

jgruber

Re: Shameful and Frightening: GOP takes measures to supress Black Vote...
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2004, 04:34:55 PM »
OK, but I am ready to consider the possiblity.

"Let's reverse this particular issue.  pretend it's someone allegedly intimidating likely republican voters.  Could I entertain the idea that Kerry or the Dems were behihnd it?  Damn right I could.  I've read my history.  I know that Dems are no strangers to dirty politics."

If the police were investigating Republican voters for voter fraud and there was zero evidence to suggest any improper activity on the part of the police, my reaction would be the same. Forget about it and think about other things, until some evidence is provided.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2004, 04:44:53 PM »
edit

jgruber

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2004, 04:46:46 PM »
OK, you're open minded. 

You can't slander public figures by the way.

I don't know if you expressed poorly or i was extra dense today, but we were not having a meeting of minds.

You feel I am close minded because I am quick to believe the worst about Bush.

You are quick to be believe the best.

You felt I jumped the gun because there was nothing but this article about intimidating voters, but you did not notice that I never said that bush was involved.  I asked, I hinted and implied...that's how you stimulate dsicussions and explore ideas.  I'm sorry if I unfairly hinted or implied things about Bush, but as I said public figures are fair game.

So we disagree strongly on this one.

I will take your caution to be more careful, though.