Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shameful and Frightening: GOP takes measures to supress Black Vote...  (Read 6198 times)

nathanielmark

Re: Shameful and Frightening: GOP takes measures to supress Black Vote...
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 12:24:58 PM »
you are incredibly naive...

I'm not saying he never did anything wrong or bad.  I am saying his day doesn't consist of trying to find new and inventive ways to screw people.  He's got better things to do, and it's small minds that try to peg him with all the world's problems.

I fail to see how the president of the United States can be held accountable for the misdeeds of Florida's police force. 

Someone is obviously out to get the black voters in Florida, but I highly doubt its a national conspiracy or anything more than state-level corruption.  Not the president of the United States certainly... most likely not his brother, who also has too much to do as governor to try to find new ways to screw black voters.  Last time the black voters were intimidated, I'd guess the same people were probably behind it.  And I'm guessing it's overzealous racist Republicans, but not Bush's circle, whether immediate or otherwise.  After last time, don't you think it would be too obvious if Bush was behind it and he's behind it again?  Please.  At least intimidate voters in another swing state so it won't be so obvious.  I'm not even going to touch the Nixon thing, because there are no parallels.  Your ability to try to pin all the world's wrongs immediately back to Bush never ceases to amaze me.

ZAP

jgruber

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 12:27:09 PM »
Why assume that he is not a part of this? You have no information to indicate he's not.  I have none to indicate he is, but let's compromise and assume either is possible.

Now you're getting too personal.  Small minds?  Paranoia?

Presidents have found time to be petty in the past.  Remember Nixon's enemies list.

Since we have no evidence either way, let's just keep an open mind.

I'm not saying he never did anything wrong or bad.  I am saying his day doesn't consist of trying to find new and inventive ways to screw people.  He's got better things to do, and it's small minds that try to peg him with all the world's problems.

I fail to see how the president of the United States can be held accountable for the misdeeds of Florida's police force. 

Someone is obviously out to get the black voters in Florida, but I highly doubt its a national conspiracy or anything more than state-level corruption.  Not the president of the United States certainly... most likely not his brother, who also has too much to do as governor to try to find new ways to screw black voters.  Last time the black voters were intimidated, I'd guess the same people were probably behind it.  And I'm guessing it's overzealous racist Republicans, but not Bush's circle, whether immediate or otherwise.  After last time, don't you think it would be too obvious if Bush was behind it and he's behind it again?  Please.  At least intimidate voters in another swing state so it won't be so obvious.  I'm not even going to touch the Nixon thing, because there are no parallels.  Your ability to try to pin all the world's wrongs immediately back to Bush never ceases to amaze me.

ZAP

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 12:53:27 PM »
Why assume that he or any Republican is part of this?  Maybe, just maybe, people actually did do something wrong.  (GASP, how dare he say its not a conspiracy, what fun is that?)

If this was in a conservative white neighborhood, this wouldn't even make the local papers.
3.8/155

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 12:55:07 PM »
Motive?

Why assume that he or any Republican is part of this?  Maybe, just maybe, people actually did do something wrong.  (GASP, how dare he say its not a conspiracy, what fun is that?)

If this was in a conservative white neighborhood, this wouldn't even make the local papers.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 01:00:29 PM »
political suicide?  Any moron knows this has to get caught if its not legit.

Did anyone read the article..

"Republican Flaps its Wings in the Rainforest: Causes Hurricane Charlie"

Sorry, shouldn't be a pain in the butt, but the conspiracy theories really have gotten to a ridiculous level.

This could possibly be a conspiracy.  Or maybe, someone in the black community had motive to defraud the earlier election.  If that is the case, should the police go start quizzing folks in the conservative neighborhood down the block that had nothing to do with the problem to find out what happened?  I really have no clue and I don't really think anyone on this board does either.
3.8/155

jgruber

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 01:01:52 PM »
So was Watergate, but somehow they thought it was a good idea.

Why assume that they are not involved?

Why assume anything either way?

political suicide?  Any moron knows this has to get caught if its not legit.

Did anyone read the article..

"Republican Flaps its Wings in the Rainforest: Causes Hurricane Charlie"

Sorry, shouldn't be a pain in the butt, but the conspiracy theories really have gotten to a ridiculous level.

This could possibly be a conspiracy.  Or maybe, someone in the black community had motive to defraud the earlier election.  If that is the case, should the police go start quizzing folks in the conservative neighborhood down the block that had nothing to do with the problem to find out what happened?  I really have no clue and I don't really think anyone on this board does either.

nathanielmark

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 01:02:25 PM »
well biscuit, you have to admit, its a little shady the way they said the hurricane was going to hit tampa... the people who got hit were not warned in time to evacuate and were generally low income and seniors, probably likely to vote demoncrat... you just might be onto something here.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 01:03:23 PM »
HAHA!!  OK, that comeback was a thing of beauty, I give you a 10.0
3.8/155

jgruber

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 01:04:15 PM »
HAHA!!  OK, that comeback was a thing of beauty, I give you a 10.0

Who gets the 10?

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 01:05:30 PM »
Green-Ham
3.8/155