Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone planning on getting a pda or pda/cell phone hybrid for law school?  (Read 1025 times)

Goodfella

• Sr. Citizen
  • I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
If you can wait, I think some firms give out CrackBerries to summer associates.
UVA '09

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If you can wait, I think some firms give out CrackBerries to summer associates.

I think they let you use them while you are a summer associate but you have to give it back once you start working there. And I don't think very many firms do this to begin with.

east_meets_west

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Judging by how much I hate my blackberry now (I'm a paralegal), I don't think I'll be itching to get a new handheld any time before the end of law school at least.
Northwestern 2010!

krumanadi

Judging by how much I hate my blackberry now (I'm a paralegal), I don't think I'll be itching to get a new handheld any time before the end of law school at least.

What makes you hate it?

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yeah I finally sold my bberry last month. I definitely don't need the extra $50 a month coming out of my bank account, and since there's wireless in so much of the law school, I don't really see any great benefit.

east_meets_west

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

What makes you hate it?

1) Being a paralegal is a crappy job.
2) Having a BlackBerry means there is potential for my crappy job to interfere with my life after-hours.
3) Thus, I hate my BlackBerry.

It has nothing to do with the machine itself...other than the fact that my firm prevents me from using it to access the Internet to boot, which makes me resent it even more.

A lot of the attorneys I work with hate theirs too; a seventh-year associate I am working with on a project out-of-town now has actually managed to avoid getting one since the beginning of his career, which I find admirable.
Northwestern 2010!

krumanadi

What makes you hate it?

1) Being a paralegal is a crappy job.
2) Having a BlackBerry means there is potential for my crappy job to interfere with my life after-hours.
3) Thus, I hate my BlackBerry.

It has nothing to do with the machine itself...other than the fact that my firm prevents me from using it to access the Internet to boot, which makes me resent it even more.

A lot of the attorneys I work with hate theirs too; a seventh-year associate I am working with on a project out-of-town now has actually managed to avoid getting one since the beginning of his career, which I find admirable.

Ahh..;)  I thought there was something wrong with the actual machine, in which case I was going to suggest a PocketPC that runs windows.. But since it's just spite towards an electronic leash, then you gotta do what you gotta do (get rid of the thing)...;)