Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 226 times)

bucky

• badgerbadgerbadger
    • AOL Instant Messenger - you+have+to+ask.
    • View Profile
« on: June 28, 2006, 01:29:52 PM »

We have recently learned that bucky rocks out pretty hard.

conoroberst

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA Draft Day
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »
Rudy Gay halfassed his way through the entire season.  He has all the talent in the world, but rarely used it.

Im a Morrison fan, although i dont think he should go number 1.  If i had to pick one player to be successful, and i didnt go with my heart (morrison), id pick Roy.

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »
Holy crap the draft is today?!  Nobody knows whats going to happen because Toronto still might trade down a few spots.  Supposedly, they like Bargani but those Europeans are hard to predict.  Is he Dirk or Darko (I grew up in Michigan so I'm a big Pistons fan)?

Gay is going to be good.  I live in Charlotte now so I'm hoping that he falls to the Bobcats.  As recently as a couple of days ago, it was looking like Gay might slide a bit.  If he did fall out of the top 5, I was hoping the Pistons would be able to package Orlando's 2007 #1, Carlos Delfino, and their own future pick to snag him.

I also like Brandon Roy but he cancelled his Charlotte workout, rumor has it that the Hawks will take him and trade him to Houston if Shelden Williams falls to #8.

I love the draft.  Definitely my favorite part of the off-season.
Attending:  Florida
Accepted:  American, Florida, Florida State, Temple ($36K), Miami ($69K), Baylor
Waitlist:  UNC
Rejected:  Berkeley, Georgetown, George Mason, Duke

joeyd005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 02:54:49 PM »
theres actually one logical #1 pick this, and of course its Gerry McNamara of Syracuse.  proven winner, and has been the mayor of scranton PA for years now.

seriously the top of the draft is pretty soft.  i think aldridge is going to become a great player, but will provide little impact next year.  rudy gay is a head case.  theres something seriously wrong when every uconn game i watched (at least 5 or 7), jim calhoun has to take him out of the game at some point to chew him out.  of course he would usually disappear after that.  thats just not normal.

no gm would ever have the balls to do it, but my pick for toronto is randy foye of Nova.  the guy has proven every part of his game, creating his own shot off the dribble, shooting the 3, playing the point (when lowry wasnt playing, and dont tell me nardi was the point guard, hes a joke), and especially defensively this season when he had to mark the 4 on every opposing team because of nova's messed up 4 guard lineup.  toronto doesnt need that euro anyway.
Cornell son

chewy06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 03:02:22 PM »
theres actually one logical #1 pick this, and of course its Gerry McNamara of Syracuse.  proven winner, and has been the mayor of scranton PA for years now.

seriously the top of the draft is pretty soft.  i think aldridge is going to become a great player, but will provide little impact next year.  rudy gay is a head case.  theres something seriously wrong when every uconn game i watched (at least 5 or 7), jim calhoun has to take him out of the game at some point to chew him out.  of course he would usually disappear after that.  thats just not normal.

no gm would ever have the balls to do it, but my pick for toronto is randy foye of Nova.  the guy has proven every part of his game, creating his own shot off the dribble, shooting the 3, playing the point (when lowry wasnt playing, and dont tell me nardi was the point guard, hes a joke), and especially defensively this season when he had to mark the 4 on every opposing team because of nova's messed up 4 guard lineup.  toronto doesnt need that euro anyway.

wasn't he the one that lost to some scrap team in the NCAA tourny... then cried like a baby?

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
toronto doesnt need that euro anyway.

Definitely agree with you here.  Why Toronto is supposedly enamored with the guy is beyond me.  They have Chris Bosh who is a stud and Charlie V who really overachieved last year.

Regarding Charlie V, what is it with UConn guys lately?  His character was a big question mark in the draft last year and now supposedly so is Rudy.  I didn't see UConn much but I think that kid has a bunch of potential.  I don't know if he'll be #1 guy because of the 'tude, but he's got the athleticism to turn into a special player.  I didn't realize he struggled after getting ripped by Calhoun.  In that case, I firmly recant my wish that he lands in Charlotte.  Jordan would have poor Rudy in tears before the end of training camp.
Attending:  Florida
Accepted:  American, Florida, Florida State, Temple ($36K), Miami ($69K), Baylor
Waitlist:  UNC
Rejected:  Berkeley, Georgetown, George Mason, Duke

scottie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 04:19:49 PM »
LaMarcus Aldridge gets my vote, but hey I am from UT!  HookEm!
----------------------------------
Why am I doing this again?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=scottieUT

conoroberst

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 05:00:36 PM »
Aldridge definitely has the talent and the game.  Thats about it though.  Hes so skinny...its going to be a couple years before he has any impact.  Can Toronto be happy waiting?

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 05:20:48 PM »
Nik Caner-Medley!
Mets will take the NL Pennant.