Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Immigrant / Asian / First one to go to college in family - Will it help my app.?  (Read 1066 times)

mentalpatient

• Sr. Citizen
  • WUCL 2010
    • View Profile
As an Asian immigrant in the US since 11 years ago, I was the first one in my family to go to college.  I also have a massive amount of community service / religious leadership experience plus 2-3 years of work experience since my college graduation.  How much will these factors help me on my application if they as a combination help out at all? 

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Not only will it help you by coming from a group that has historically been discriminated against (immigrants) w/your application, it will help w/scholarships.  A lot of schools have scholarships for students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds w/a requirement that no other family member has finished college. 

mentalpatient

• Sr. Citizen
  • WUCL 2010
    • View Profile
How much boost would I get?

mentalpatient

• Sr. Citizen
  • WUCL 2010
    • View Profile
I'm also applying to many Jesuit schools hoping that they value my soft factors and diversity.  In general, let's say if my numbers are about 25 percentile or slightly above, will my diversity above play a big enough role getting me accepted?

kasun

• View Profile
dude.. im in the same boat. so to speak... work on lsat.. you should have a good chance to get into good school