Author Topic: .  (Read 1125 times)

Susan B. Anthony

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:27:10 AM »
:)
LSN

SCgrad

Re: How would you spend $40 billion on YOURSELF?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 08:28:14 AM »
4000000000000 tootsie rolls

SCgrad

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:36:18 AM »
pay people to let you kill and eat them.  that would probably come with a hefty pricetag

SCgrad

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:39:19 AM »
or combine the two and pay A-list celebrities to let you kill and eat them.

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:45:12 AM »
hookers, bottles of top-shelf booze, pure Columbian cocaine and a fast car to drive 100+ mph while making use of the top 3.

Ok, I'm assuming you can get an amazing hooker for $5 million a year. Let's say you need at least 100 of them to keep things interesting. That's $500 million a year. Let's say you spend $10,000 dollars a day on booze (That's some ridiculously high-label booze). That's only another $4 million a year. Buy a souped-up Ferrari every month, and you're spending another $10-15 million a year max. Cocaine, let's say you go through $50,000 a day worth, which I think is a high estimate. Only $20 million a year.

We're at $530 million a year. Let's assume the rest of your living expenses (food, rent, clothing, etc.) work out to slightly over a million dollars a day. Now you're at a billion dollars a year.

So Warren Buffett could live that lifestyle for the next 40 years. Sounds like quite a retirement ...

Columbia 2L.

SCgrad

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47:37 AM »
well, i'd probably win them over with my boyish charm and rugged good looks, but for most people, I'd bet it'd cost at least $10M

so...  $40 billion would get you sex with jessica alba 4000 times?

hmmm.

there is a simple economic principle that you are obviously ignoring.  and i am a huge dork for pointing this out.  never mind.

SCgrad

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 08:53:10 AM »
well, i'd probably win them over with my boyish charm and rugged good looks, but for most people, I'd bet it'd cost at least $10M

so...  $40 billion would get you sex with jessica alba 4000 times?

hmmm.

there is a simple economic principle that you are obviously ignoring.  and i am a huge dork for pointing this out.  never mind.

diminishing returns? :D

on both sides.

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »
hookers, bottles of top-shelf booze, pure Columbian cocaine and a fast car to drive 100+ mph while making use of the top 3.

Ok, I'm assuming you can get an amazing hooker for $5 million a year. Let's say you need at least 100 of them to keep things interesting. That's $500 million a year. Let's say you spend $10,000 dollars a day on booze (That's some ridiculously high-label booze). That's only another $4 million a year. Buy a souped-up Ferrari every month, and you're spending another $10-15 million a year max. Cocaine, let's say you go through $50,000 a day worth, which I think is a high estimate. Only $20 million a year.

We're at $530 million a year. Let's assume the rest of your living expenses (food, rent, clothing, etc.) work out to slightly over a million dollars a day. Now you're at a billion dollars a year.

So Warren Buffett could live that lifestyle for the next 40 years. Sounds like quite a retirement ...

You forgot buying Fiji (country and island)

Fiji's GDP is about $5.5 billion a year. So let's say you could buy it for $10 billion. So Warren could live that lifestyle for 30 years. And let's be honest, with a $50,000 a day cocaine allowance, he's probably not lasting much more than 30 more years.
Columbia 2L.

SCgrad

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 08:58:26 AM »
Fiji's GDP is about $5.5 billion a year. So let's say you could buy it for $10 billion. So Warren could live that lifestyle for 30 years. And let's be honest, with a $50,000 a day cocaine allowance, he's probably not lasting much more than 30 more years.

he'll be lucky to last 30 more years regardless, no?

maybe i think he's older than he is.

also if he's going to have that prostitute, he'll probably be needing some pharmaceuticals.

he's 75.  i would bet less than half that.

SCgrad

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 09:06:01 AM »
anyone hear about that woman who lived to 120 in france or somewhere? 

her landlord told her when she was 75 or so that she could live there for the rest of her life for a lump sum or something that ended up being really bad for him. 

strangely, i actually remember that story.