Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quinnipiac v. Pace  (Read 808 times)

Zurichbr

• View Profile
Quinnipiac v. Pace
« on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »
I need help.  Which would you choose and why?

drlovebug

• View Profile
Re: Quinnipiac v. Pace
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 10:46:13 PM »
i would choose pace..  it is highly respected in the westchester area..

i visited, and i loved the campus..   if you do well, you could place fairly well in nyc
2L

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
quinnipiac isnt all that respected in CT...at my friends firm in a city in ct near nyc, they just interviewed a person who had about 10 w/e in small nyc firm. everybody loved him but b/c of the quinnipiac degree he had, they didnt want to hire him because everybody there had tier 1 degrees at the firm and hiring him would seem to bring the level of quality down in the average outsiders mind. granted, if you want a job in new haven or hartford or bpt at a small firm, youll be able to get one. its all what youre looking for. quinnipiac will eliminate you from biggish law. i know nothing about pace so im not gonna say anytihng, but if it is repected in westchester like the person about said, i would go there. nice area too

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »
look at the top firms in white plains, full of pace grads..  the local da is as well..
2L

Zurichbr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:44 AM »
I've heard very good things about Pace.  I have heard almost nothing about Quinnipiac.  Im assuming this is because it is a relatively new school.  I believe it used to be the University of Bridgeport Law School or something like that.  Both of the schools are in nice areas, but is Pace closer to NYC and Stamford.  Tuition is about the same.  On campus recruitment appears to be about the same too, but I would have to think Pace probably has an edge here due to their proximity to NYC.  Anyway, thanks for the help and keep the comments and opinions coming.             

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:08:40 PM »
What tier is Pace? Just wondering...  ???

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 05:01:58 PM »
tier 3.. top 5 environmental law programs in the country
2L

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »
quinnipiac isnt all that respected in CT...at my friends firm in a city in ct near nyc, they just interviewed a person who had about 10 w/e in small nyc firm. everybody loved him but b/c of the quinnipiac degree he had, they didnt want to hire him because everybody there had tier 1 degrees at the firm and hiring him would seem to bring the level of quality down in the average outsiders mind. granted, if you want a job in new haven or hartford or bpt at a small firm, youll be able to get one. its all what youre looking for. quinnipiac will eliminate you from biggish law. i know nothing about pace so im not gonna say anytihng, but if it is repected in westchester like the person about said, i would go there. nice area too

You should post the above comment in this thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,65762

And see what happens.

im talking about litigation..corporate law and *&^%. not stand before a jury and them not knowing where you went. When a business looks at what firm to use, you can bet your ass they look at where the lawyers went to law school. a big business is very unlikely to pick a firm and spend millions w/o h/y/s or the such graduates. Thus, firms are going to seriously consisder it when they hire you, regardless of how good you might be. quinnipiac is a fine place and you'll get an alright job in new haven, im just trying to give them realistic expectation for afterwards.

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »

You should post the above comment in this thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,65762

And see what happens.

im talking about litigation..corporate law and *&^%. not stand before a jury and them not knowing where you went. When a business looks at what firm to use, you can bet your ass they look at where the lawyers went to law school. a big business is very unlikely to pick a firm and spend millions w/o h/y/s or the such graduates. Thus, firms are going to seriously consisder it when they hire you, regardless of how good you might be. quinnipiac is a fine place and you'll get an alright job in new haven, im just trying to give them realistic expectation for afterwards.

Hey, I agree with you. But I still say cross-post it. The OP in that thread will throw a fit, since her entire argument is 'school-prestige matters not a whit.'

i agree-i think it's entertaining...eh, i mean VALUABLE to introduce conflicting information  :)