Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard from University of Maryland  (Read 1574 times)

cmt

• View Profile
Anyone heard from University of Maryland
« on: February 04, 2004, 09:55:32 PM »
Wondering if anyone has heard back from University of Maryland.  My application file has been complete since Dec. 1st; but I have heard NADA.

cmt

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone heard from University of Maryland
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 04:35:31 AM »
I applied about a month ago and have yet to hear back.  If you don't mind my asking, what are your gpa/lsat stats?

cmt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:52:30 AM »
My application file was complete by Dec. 1st.  My LSAT is 155 and my GPA is 2.8 from undergrad. (I graduated a year early and worked full-time)  I have a Masters in Science with a GPA of 3.6 and an MBA with a GPA of 3.4.  All degrees were earned while working full-time.  I have alot of work experience.....but I want to make a career change.

As we know, there are a ton of applicants this year.  I can't believe I have not heard anything yet.  I was accepted at Widener; wait-listed at Penn State Dickinson, rejected from Catholic and I am waiting to hear from Univ of MD and Univ of Baltimore.  Penn State Dickinson is my first-choice and Maryland is my second-choice; but it is really difficult to get off the wait-list so I am pulling for Maryland right now.

How about you?
Best of luck!
CMT

abmarz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 11:10:10 AM »
I was rejected from maryland with a 3.5/ 154 average (151, 157). I went to Boston U undergrad. Maryland is TOUGH to get into.

cmt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 02:59:53 PM »
Well, I heard back from MD ....I am wait-listed.....UUGGHH

any idea how to get off the wait-list and onto the acceptance list?

cmt

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 10:49:34 AM »
I would send them a letter restating your desire to attend.  You need to let them know that you are still interested. 

I still have not heard from Maryland.  I am praying that I get accepted.  They are one of my top five.  My numbers are 3.26, 164.

joegibbsiii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 11:04:39 AM »
I got my UMD app in just before New Years and I've heard nothing (3.74 GPA, 167). 

I keep getting mail from them, but its all booster mail from the athletic department!  I guess I need to renew my Terrapin club membership.

BMDiliberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 04:54:34 PM »
I got into Maryland sometime in early March.  LSATS were 165 and GPA was 3.01.

Maryland is the only school I've gotten in to right now... Waitlisted at GWU and GMU and rejected from American... which I thought was really strange.  Heard that they concentrate on GPAs more than other schools though so that might have screwed me.

I'm really hoping to get into GWU, but to be realistic it's rather doubtful so I'm sending my deposit into Maryland tomorrow and crossing my fingers for GWU. 

Anyone who got into Maryland post here.

stillwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 08:02:19 PM »
Maryland was the first school I heard from, back in December I think...But I applied really early (october), so thats probably why I heard back so fast. My stats are 3.87/159, and I am pretty sure I will not be attending so maybe I will open a spot for one of you guys !! good luck !! :)