Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: laptop docking station  (Read 479 times)

RootBrewskies

• View Profile
    • Email
laptop docking station
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:58:09 PM »
does anyone use a docking station?

how does it effect the performance of you notebook?

i have a hp notebook and would probably have to get the generic hp docking station, and didnt know how that would negatively effect the performance of my notebook.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: laptop docking station
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »
The docking station won't affect your performance at all.

It is basically a middle man - you plug everything into it and just sit your laptop in it.  It serves no purpose other than to organize your wires/cords and make it easier to start up when you get home.

They are very nice to have.
2L

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 04:10:24 PM »
I have one at work.  It is very nice to have.  You just set the laptop in the dock and you're off.  The dock really helps makes things easier if you use multiple monitors (ex: have a research database open on one screen and document open on another.).
Attending:  Florida
Accepted:  American, Florida, Florida State, Temple ($36K), Miami ($69K), Baylor
Waitlist:  UNC
Rejected:  Berkeley, Georgetown, George Mason, Duke

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 04:10:53 PM »
If you want the full hard-wired LAN, printer, monitor setup, they're nice.  Personally, I don't need a monitor, I don't have a printer, and I'll have wireless internet, so I don't think I'd get much value out of one at home, although I do enjoy having one at work.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .