Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 7439 times)

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Olmert May Be Alright After All: All-Out War Accepted
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2006, 01:45:54 AM »
Hmmm... I'm not going to read many of your pointless arguments.

Here's mine:

No matter whether or not the Lebanese people like what Israel is doing, it doesn't matter at all. The opinions of the Lebanese people: the Shiia, Sunnis and Christians, does not influence Israelís military planning.

Israel has yet to show its true power, and I'm sure that Lebanon and Syria does not want to see it. Why take such a massive gamble like this?

That is the problem with the Arabs in that region, they forget all too quickly. Have they all forgotten Israel's history of military victories in very similar cases? Do all these Arabs think that a few years of relative inactivity has weakened the Israeli military?

It was a very serious mistake on Hezbollah's part; everyone has made a significant miscalculation of Israelís military might. If this goes on, mark my words, the world will be shocked when they see Israelís military fury.

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
Hmmm... I'm not going to read many of your pointless arguments.

Here's mine:

No matter whether or not the Lebanese people like what Israel is doing, it doesn't matter at all. The opinions of the Lebanese people: the Shiia, Sunnis and Christians, does not influence Israelís military planning.

Israel has yet to show its true power, and I'm sure that Lebanon and Syria does not want to see it. Why take such a massive gamble like this?

That is the problem with the Arabs in that region, they forget all too quickly. Have they all forgotten Israel's history of military victories in very similar cases? Do all these Arabs think that a few years of relative inactivity has weakened the Israeli military?

It was a very serious mistake on Hezbollah's part; everyone has made a significant miscalculation of Israelís military might. If this goes on, mark my words, the world will be shocked when they see Israelís military fury.

You mean America's  ;).....israel is a proxy of the U.S.   

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »

Huh. What, exactly, is Lebanon's gamble?  Not Syria's, not Iran's, not Hezbollah's, but Lebanon's.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2006, 02:14:42 PM »
Israel is a proxy of the United States in some ways. When it comes to this current situation, it was carried out by their free will with probably no real consultation with the United States.

I don't see the point of you saying that they are a proxy, as if it strengthens your argument. I love that they are a proxy.

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »
Israel is a proxy of the United States in some ways. When it comes to this current situation, it was carried out by their free will with probably no real consultation with the United States.

I don't see the point of you saying that they are a proxy, as if it strengthens your argument. I love that they are a proxy.

i am refuting your claim about israel's strength...it's not their strength, it's U.S. strength, get it?

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »
Miss P - making no effort to curb Hezbullah's activities and thinking it would just go under the radar is a massive gamble. It's a gamble that has cost Lebanon many lives, airports, highways and navigation of the seas.

Good game Lebanon.

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2006, 02:17:13 PM »
In the long run, Israel is only hurting themselves.  haven't they learned from history?

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »
Skeptic, lol You should go climb back into your hole. You're not doing yourself any good by coming out of it.

1948 War of Independence, the Israelis were very well equipped lol

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »
Haven't they learned from history? The Israelis? Didn't they win every war they fought?

Uhmmm.. yeah.

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2006, 02:33:10 PM »
well they established israel through substantial support from the international community.  what support does it h ave for its disproportionate strikes in lebanon?  American support?