Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 7707 times)

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Olmert May Be Alright After All: All-Out War Accepted
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2006, 02:04:32 AM »
I don't think the "liberals and Europeans" are against disarming Hezbollah.  However, bombing the hell out of Lebanon isn't exactly the best way to do it. 

By the way, I hope you don't get all your news from Israeli newspapers.  There's nothing wrong with checking them out but if you get all of your facts about what is currently going on over there then you are getting it from one side.  Check out some other newspapers to at least understand the view point of others involved.  You seem to not really understand the other side and characterize them all as crazy lunatics. 

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2006, 02:07:19 AM »
I don't doubt it.  But try reading an unbiased (imo) Lebanese news site.  www.dailystar.com.lb --click on 'lebanon' on the left so you don't get general Middle East news. I'm not asking you to watch Al-Manar (not that you could anyway). 

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2006, 02:10:08 AM »
As biased as it gets? I bet you could I show give you 10 examples to prove you wrong. 
And you're crazy to think that site is biased.  Perhaps you are so slanted that it appears biased to you...I could understand that. 

Read the main article about what is going on and prove your claim.  I have a feeling you're not an expert on Lebanese media.   

@#$%, Fire, and Damnation.

• Sr. Citizen
  • We're a team.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2006, 02:11:58 AM »
I don't think the "liberals and Europeans" are against disarming Hezbollah.  However, bombing the hell out of Lebanon isn't exactly the best way to do it. 

By the way, I hope you don't get all your news from Israeli newspapers.  There's nothing wrong with checking them out but if you get all of your facts about what is currently going on over there then you are getting it from one side.  Check out some other newspapers to at least understand the view point of others involved.  You seem to not really understand the other side and characterize them all as crazy lunatics. 

Do you know anything about Hizbullah or Hamas or Iran?  Seriously?  I can't believe you would even suggest that I, or trollik, need to have an open mind up militant Islamic groups that have stated publicly, in no uncertain terms, that the Jews and Israel must be destroyed.  "The other side"???   I'm merely characterizing them as crazy lunatics???  HELLO.

Let me repeat that; the Jews and all of Israel must be destroyed.  And you know what, it doesn't stop with the Jews in Israel.  They hate west.  They hate you and they want to either convert you to Islam or  cut your head off and force your women to leave their jobs and your 13 year old daughters to have clitorectamies.  That's reality.  THEY SAID IT THEMSELVES.

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2006, 02:19:13 AM »
Do I know anything about Hezbollah? Well I think I wrote my thesis on them.  And hmm what else? Oh yeah I've been to Lebanon four times.  But other than that, no I don't. 

First of all, let me say that I am 100% anti-Hezbollah.  These are the people that destroy my second country and to be honest, I hope they all die and get out of Lebanon. 

I am talking about the side of the Arabs in general.  For example, the majority of the Lebanese in Lebanon.  Pretty much, all of the Maronites, Sunnis, and Druze are against Hezbollah but having no way to stop them.  By bombing Lebanon, you are rallying them to side with Hezbollah. 

And you do need to try to understand the Islamist point of view.  If you characterize them as just crazy, you will never defeat them because you do not truly understand them.  Again, I hate them as much as you do, but you can't just say they are illogical psychos who don't think rationally.   

sk

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2006, 02:24:02 AM »
Do I know anything about Hezbollah? Well I think I wrote my thesis on them.  And hmm what else? Oh yeah I've been to Lebanon four times.  But other than that, no I don't. 

First of all, let me say that I am 100% anti-Hezbollah.  These are the people that destroy my second country and to be honest, I hope they all die and get out of Lebanon. 

I am talking about the side of the Arabs in general.  For example, the majority of the Lebanese in Lebanon.  Pretty much, all of the Maronites, Sunnis, and Druze are against Hezbollah but having no way to stop them.  By bombing Lebanon, you are rallying them to side with Hezbollah. 

And you do need to try to understand the Islamist terrorist point of view.  If you characterize them as just crazy, you will never defeat them because you do not truly understand them.  Again, I hate them as much as you do, but you can't just say they are illogical psychos who don't think rationally.   

NO! What Israel is doing is merely pressuring them to finally take action. At this point, the Israeli leadership (and public) could care less about anything but bringing back the missing soldiers. Unless that happens, ans soon, Lebanon will not see a quiet day for a long time. Enough is enough!!!
"buffoons don't clerk for federal judges!"

--LSN--

@#$%, Fire, and Damnation.

• Sr. Citizen
  • We're a team.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2006, 02:24:55 AM »

Ok, I didn't see where you were going with your comment before.  So clearly you understand the basic core message of the Islamic fundamentalists like Hezbollah to kill all Jews and destroy Israel, and if possible inflict as much pain on the west as they can.

There is an argument to be made that Israel's fighting back isn't merely going to have the result of driving otherwise unsympathetic Arabs to Hezbollah.  There are already sympathizers in great numbers in Lebanon and Iran.  The more logical explanation for the internal support of Hezbollah is that they provide social welfare to southern Lebanon which would otherwise be more desolate and impoverished.  They're seeking converts every day.  They've won a great many over with humanitarian-like outreaches to that region.    Aside from that of course is the base hatred of Israel that exists throughout the region anyway.

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2006, 02:26:52 AM »
Well no because there aren't any sand dunes in Lebanon 'smartass'.  

And bombing southern Lebanon vs. bombing deep into Lebanon is a different story.  

Bombing the airport and cutting off the main road between Syria and Lebanon is a different story.  You can say they are for strategic purposes to stop weapons from coming in and from preventing the captured soldiers to leave.  But trust me, they have enough weapons and that is only one of many roads that connects Lebanon to Syria.  They aren't stopping crap when they do those things.  They are only trying to scare the population which in turn is making the Lebanese hate Israel.  

And don't forget why Hezbollah was created.  Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982 and stayed there for 18 years.  Had they not invaded...there would be no Hezbollah today.  (I realize the Palestinians are equally to blame for this but am just stating a fact).

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2006, 02:30:50 AM »
You're right about that AJ.

But you have to understand that there is a great deal of Lebanese in Lebanon and almost ALL of the nearly 17 million (I think) Lebanese living abroad that are against Hezbollah.  Theres only 3.8 million Lebanese in Lebanon by the way. 

The government wants to take them down...but they can't because they have no military.  It is weak and they have no capabilities to take out Iranian and Syrian sponsored Hezbollah.  President Lahoud is pro-Syrian and is sympathetic towards Hezbollah.  Other than that, a great deal of politicians are against them...even though they may say they have no problems with them.

But think about it! If you are a Lebanese politician and you say Hezbollah is horrible and that it isn't Israel's fault...while Israel is bombing your country...how do you think you will look? Israel is swaying people who are against Hezbollah to at least sympathize with them. 

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 02:39:22 AM »
Haha thanks for telling me what I think. 

Yes there is a large conflict with Islamic extremism today.  But your anti-Islamic beliefs don't really help out this present conflict. 

Yeah Israel could win a war with any of its neighbors.  There is no doubt about that.  You say Israel will win always and forever.  You think they should occupy Lebanon? Do you really think that is the best option for Israel? To occupy more land that isn't theirs?

Now call me crazy, but I don't think Israel enjoys occupying the land of others.  It isn't in their interest...there are better solutions. 

With your mentality, Israel would just use force whenever it had the right to...and not whenver it NEEDED to.  More occupation will lead to more war and more problems for Israel and for the rest of the Arab World.

But you don't think that way and it is people like you, on both the Israeli and Arab side, that perpetuate this conflict and death.