Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 7101 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Olmert May Be Alright After All: All-Out War Accepted
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 01:16:06 AM »
there is no deviation from the original...semetic is arab and jew...period...you cannot re-write the past like a rap artist piggybacks a classic lyric and calls it something else...that definition of semetic is both arab and jew...and while some "forget" this...it is a fact which some of us will always remember.

aye understand your anger but remember that palestinians too removed themselves from the fertile crescent because they wished to live in peace...an exodus, if you will.

the "crescenting guerrillas" must be destroyed...and only the clerics and palestinian people can do that...in the mean time sheer force is the only thing to which these "crescenting guerrillas" bow...and that is what will come.

bluewarrior, well said, but just because they are our biblical "brothers", does not mean I should trust the average Palestinians - and I don't.

The definition of a Semite has deviated from its original to become a phrase synonymous with the Jewish people. I don't like to put them in the same category as us.

At this point in time, they are our enemies and I don’t consider them our brothers. We didn’t fight for Hitler; we didn’t blow up mosques and we do not do everything in our power to kill civilians.

Separation is delicious.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »
there is no deviation from the original...semetic is arab and jew...period...you cannot re-write the past like a rap artist piggybacks a classic lyric and calls it something else...that definition of semetic is both arab and jew...and while some "forget" this...it is a fact which some of us will always remember.

bluewarrior, guess what... the swastika wasn't always a symbol of the nazi party.

the "crescenting guerrillas" must be destroyed...and only the clerics and palestinian people can do that.

The clerics and palestinian people are the only ones that can destroy the "crescenting guerrillas"? That'll never happen, ever - never ever ever ever.

an·ti-Sem·i·tism (nt-sm-tzm, nt-)
n.
Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
Discrimination against Jews.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 02:21:34 AM »

bluewarrior, guess what... the swastika wasn't always a symbol of the nazi party.

the "crescenting guerrillas" must be destroyed...and only the clerics and palestinian people can do that.

The clerics and palestinian people are the only ones that can destroy the "crescenting guerrillas"? That'll never happen, ever - never ever ever ever.
an·ti-Sem·i·tism (nt-sm-tzm, nt-)
n.
Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
Discrimination against Jews.

the swastika is a symbol not a living breathing people.

and those who are semites are either arabic or jewish...seriously...look it up.

in nyc, since 911 there has been much anti-semitic sentiment toward arabs...sorry, but this is a growing fact.

you can't argue around this.

if enough of their children are killed in the periphery...they will....look at northern ireland for example...

krumanadi

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 02:32:38 AM »
Hamas painted themselves into a corner.  It is lose lose for them, because if they return the soldier, then they lose face with their "faithful" so they will not return him, and Israel is going to take this opportunity to wipe them off the planet.  And justifiably so.  Hamas went across a border into a soveriegn nation and kidnapped one of their soldiers.  It is unfathomable that anyone would still be able to give them any sympathy after that. 

Hamas is so surprised that Israel will not negotiate.  Of course they wont negotiate.  There is no negotiation.  Give us back our soldier, now, or we will bomb the hell out of you. 

A friend said he thought Hamas would "leak" the soldiers coordinates, and allow Israel to get him back, as a way of defusing the situation, and saving face.  I don't think Israel will let Hamas off so easy.

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 03:45:40 AM »
The point is, I did look it up.

Sem•ite    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (smt)
n.
A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
A Jew.
Bible. A descendant of Shem.
The second definition is a Jew, specifically, so that would suggest that it is more synonymous now with the Jewish people than all Semitic speaking peoples.

A word is a symbol just like the swastika, and a word can change meaning over time. It does not necessarily mean that I am changing history.

Feel free to use ‘anti-Semitism’ in the wrong context, because after 9/11 there was hate primarily targeting Arabs and Muslims, not Jews.

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 03:47:22 AM »
Harvey Birdman, great post. Thanks.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »
The point is, I did look it up.

Sem•ite    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (smt)
n.
A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
A Jew.
Bible. A descendant of Shem.
The second definition is a Jew, specifically, so that would suggest that it is more synonymous now with the Jewish people than all Semitic speaking peoples.

A word is a symbol just like the swastika, and a word can change meaning over time. It does not necessarily mean that I am changing history.

Feel free to use ‘anti-Semitism’ in the wrong context, because after 9/11 there was hate primarily targeting Arabs and Muslims, not Jews.

it is not a matter of me feeling free...it is a fact...backed up with your definition...sorry. :-\

all of these are semitic peoples...no way around it.

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 05:23:31 PM »
I rather use the latter definition, because that's what it has become. The word has become more synonymous with Jewry than any other of the nationality it has previously covered. That's why there is no subsequent definition for Arabs, or any other of the groups of people listed in the first definition.

Additionally, the negative form of the adjective, anti-Semitism, "is almost always used as a misnomer to mean "anti-Jewish" specifically". This further complicates the meaning, and adds weight to the belief that in our modern society, a Semite is a reference for Jewry.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 01:48:22 AM »
I rather use the latter definition, because that's what it has become. The word has become more synonymous with Jewry than any other of the nationality it has previously covered. That's why there is no subsequent definition for Arabs, or any other of the groups of people listed in the first definition.

Additionally, the negative form of the adjective, anti-Semitism, "is almost always used as a misnomer to mean "anti-Jewish" specifically". This further complicates the meaning, and adds weight to the belief that in our modern society, a Semite is a reference for Jewry.

you will inevitably use what you wish anyway you wish...however facts are facts...anti-semitic attitudes and sentiments toward arabs in nyc is a serious problem...this IS the correct definition for this prejudice...like it or not...it is the disease which will not be mis-diagnosed.

exactly what educated people do you believe do not understand that a semite IS both: an arabic or jewish person? most of the educated folks with whom aye associate myself know this.

mason123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 02:10:18 AM »
Sheeesh… it's not anti-Semitism when hate is directed towards Arabs. That is anti-arab/anti-muslim sentiment. 

You’re incorrect because you are using an ambiguous word you idiot. Anti-Semitism is defined as hatred towards Jews.

Yeah, I can tell just how educated you are.