10 (26.3%)
later???
 7 (18.4%)
sorry not in LS yet
 5 (13.2%)
what?  my brain isn't on-it's summer
 2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Curious- when are ya'll going (back) to school?  (Read 3604 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Curious- when are ya'll going (back) to school?
« on: June 24, 2006, 04:43:37 PM »
So I'm not really sure when I should leave for school.  Orientation starts August 9th I think.  How long do I really need to be in the area before school starts? 

BTW I have a roommate situation set up already down there. 
So when are ya'll leaving? Why?
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Curious- when are ya'll going (back) to school?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 04:56:40 PM »
if you dont have anything going on up in NY (blech) now, why not head on down?

gives you time to scope the area, relax, find the best ways to school, visit me, maybe get a part time job to make some extra dough, meet with the FA office if you need, etc....

oh, and dont forget to visit me!!!
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:01:29 PM »
hey katia!

I'm going to school in Florida
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »
I think you should move in at least three weeks before school starts. This will allow you enough time to get settled into your apartment, take care of any unanticipated problems and get acclimated to your new environment.
Who's your Daddy now?

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »
Good advice, Annabel.
Back in the saddle again.

OES_Tiff

• Sr. Citizen
  • The "sole" reason I got myself into this crap!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 11:03:58 PM »
okay thanx sounds good.   :)  And no, I don't have any real committments here (well besides a "job" as an agent w/ Coldwell Banker  but the market REALLY stinks right now).  CB knows that I've been accepted & I've been showing up less and less (agents can choose their own hours BTW)!   And I don't have any kids.   

Selfishly speaking of course, don't leave until I get to NY.  We still haven't met.   :'(

Future-Haitian-Lawyer

• Le Drapeau Haitien
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:46:06 AM »
okay thanx sounds good.   :)  And no, I don't have any real committments here (well besides a "job" as an agent w/ Coldwell Banker  but the market REALLY stinks right now).  CB knows that I've been accepted & I've been showing up less and less (agents can choose their own hours BTW)!   And I don't have any kids.   

since you choose to stay for a while, I need a temporary mother, How about you take me as a kid? Otherwise, I would advise you to go in order to enjoy the tropical sun (kind of by the way) in Florida.
Good luck
IN-: Indiana University-Indianapolis, Thomas M. Cooley
DEFFERED-: University of Tulsa,
OUT-: University of Akron, Drexel, University of Arkansas-Fayette...,U baltimore.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=haitian

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:00:55 PM »
my piece...orientation is the 19th, i'll be there the 12th or 13th. You only need a long time to acclimate if you aren't used to moving around alot.  Once you've done it so many times, you just get there and keep it moving.
it's funny how money change a situation

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 09:41:44 PM »
my piece...orientation is the 19th, i'll be there the 12th or 13th. You only need a long time to acclimate if you aren't used to moving around alot.  Once you've done it so many times, you just get there and keep it moving.

I'ma have to disagree. I've moved at least 8 or 9 times in the last 2 years, and I'm moving to my new apartment 3 weeks before school starts, mainly because I know how long it takes to get everything set up in a new place. Of course, it also depends on what kinda person you are - some ppl are content to just throw their stuff down and head to class, but I want to have my apartment completely set up before classes start. I have to buy all new furniture, so I need time to do that, and even the little stuff like getting your cable hooked up and etc can take time. Basically, I just don't want to be rushed.

My orientation starts Aug 31 and my lease starts Aug 7, I'm moving sometime around the 12th, and my roommate will move in the week after that or so.
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 11:10:32 PM »

I'ma have to disagree. I've moved at least 8 or 9 times in the last 2 years, and I'm moving to my new apartment 3 weeks before school starts, mainly because I know how long it takes to get everything set up in a new place. Of course, it also depends on what kinda person you are - some ppl are content to just throw their stuff down and head to class, but I want to have my apartment completely set up before classes start. I have to buy all new furniture, so I need time to do that, and even the little stuff like getting your cable hooked up and etc can take time. Basically, I just don't want to be rushed.

My orientation starts Aug 31 and my lease starts Aug 7, I'm moving sometime around the 12th, and my roommate will move in the week after that or so.

grrr u actually both have really good points!  :-\ :)  My situation- I have a roommate so the cable & stuff is all settled. LOL- cable = the important stuff!!!   :D  I know the area well.  My furniture from undergrad is still in storage which will take like maybe a day and a half to move it in.   For me to unpack my clothes eh, it may take a day or so to organize, put them in my closet, etc.  But I also really want to get used to the immediate area, the campus, and the drive over there (didnt have a car in undergrad so I don't know how to get around the city driving myself).