Law School Discussion

Brooklyn Law Student Taking Questions

east

Re: Brooklyn Law Student Taking Questions
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »

(3) I'm going to a big name firm this summer.

Thanks cannotpick for sharing your job experiences, I just had a few questions. 

Approximately what is your firm ranked?  v10? v20? v30? v50?  And if you don't mind me asking, approximately what is your class rank?

Just curious because a friend is applying to Brooklyn now and was curious about job placement.

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »
We don't have the updated rankings, but within the top 5% & v10.

(3) I'm going to a big name firm this summer.

Thanks cannotpick for sharing your job experiences, I just had a few questions. 

Approximately what is your firm ranked?  v10? v20? v30? v50?  And if you don't mind me asking, approximately what is your class rank?

Just curious because a friend is applying to Brooklyn now and was curious about job placement.

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »
This a great post. BLS is def on my list of contenders. I'm a URM with a 162/3.1 UG and 3.5 G. I'm hoping to see some $$$ from NYC schools. I'm originally from Brooklyn and Brooklyn Heights is top notch in terms of neighboorhoods. I just received some diversity mailings from BLS with a copy of the BLS notes... I have to admit I was impressed with the work BLS did for the hurricane Katrina victims... made me feel all warm and fuzzy about being a lawyer. I stop by the admission office and boy were they friendly... with that said Fordham was pretty friendly to me as well...Cardozo not so much...Columbia was snob central... NYU let's just say I heart NYU... but that because of the LGBT love I feel.

With that said I'm all about BigLAW and I'm heading where every will get me there the smoothest.

Thanks to cannotpick and miss P for all the great insights. ;)

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
BLS will throw you big money if you play your cards right, ladylegal.  Get a Cardozo acceptance under your belt and work them against each other.  I bet you get in at Fordham as well, but you'll get the most money here.  Plus, it'd be so nice to have some more LGBT folk around.

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2007, 08:52:57 PM »
BLS will throw you big money if you play your cards right, ladylegal.  Get a Cardozo acceptance under your belt and work them against each other.  I bet you get in at Fordham as well, but you'll get the most money here.  Plus, it'd be so nice to have some more LGBT folk around.
[/quo

Here hoping Miss P  ;)

So LGBT isn't  thriving so much at BLS I take it. Any student orginizations, Functions etc?

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2007, 08:57:58 PM »
Here hoping Miss P  ;)

So LGBT isn't  thriving so much at BLS I take it. Any student orginizations, Functions etc?

No, seriously, there is a very active LGBT student group, and the campus is very queer-friendly.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some more LGBT ladies around.

We also have very good pizza at our meetings.  And we do dorky things like go bowling together and stuff.

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
Here hoping Miss P  ;)

No, seriously, there is a very active LGBT student group, and the campus is very queer-friendly.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some more LGBT ladies around.

We also have very good pizza at our meetings.  And we do dorky things like go bowling together and stuff.

Nice!

jd11

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »
how long is the subway ride from GCT to bklyn?

going to the tour/info session on friday. need to plan

ladylegal

• My darling foxie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »
About 20 mins take the 4 or 5 to Borough Hall...the 5 only runs during rush hours to Bklyn

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »
This was a great thread.  Many thanks.