Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sorry,,,,what does everyone think?  (Read 2301 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry,,,,what does everyone think?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 10:49:27 AM »
Kitty, someone I know got a 141 LSAT (just a really bad test-taker, too) and had a GPA of around 2.8 (college athlete who didn't really care at the time.)  He had to go through a summer program at Widener (Harrisburg) before being admitted, but successfully completed it and was accepted.  He's now a consulting attorney for the State Dept. in DC, and loves it.  These situations are definitely what you make of them.  Long story short, I think Widener is realistic for you.  (And Widener is T4, but it's only at the bottom of T4 because they list T3's and T4's alphabetically.)

God, that is nice to hear. I am sooo stressed out about the whole thing!! I really feel called to helping the animals in this fashion and I am TERRIFIED of not being accepted somewhere. Thanks for the pep talk!! I REALLY appreciate it! ;D
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 04:15:50 PM »
hey legalkitty!

I think we typed before....I want to focus on animal rights, wildlife etc etc.....i loved that bob barker gave another $1mil to duke (though I don't have a fat chance in hell of going there) for animal rights classes

good luck!!!!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 09:09:21 PM »
Redsox1079!!

Hey! I know, Bob Barker rules!! I am so sure I could go to Duke, either.  I did apply to two schools with animal law electives, but they are definitely reaches (as are most schools with my numbers!!). I am hoping that my work experience will be impressive and they will let me come anyway!

Anyway, it is torture waiting!! Great to hear from a fellow animal-rights attorney to be. Good luck! :D

5525bravo

• Work hard, fly hard, play hard, and stay hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 05:10:49 PM »
legalkitty,

I got a 141 on the LSAT my first time, and I retook it 2 years later and got a 142. And that's after I enrolled with Princeton Review.  In my practice exams I got around low 150s. Standardize tests are not for everybody. It is a necessary evil for those who want to go to higher education.  Best of luck in whatever school you choose to go to.

Man must rise above the Earth -- to the top of the atmosphere and beyond -- for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.

Socrates

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 04:19:57 PM »
legalkitty,

I got a 141 on the LSAT my first time, and I retook it 2 years later and got a 142. And that's after I enrolled with Princeton Review.  In my practice exams I got around low 150s. Standardize tests are not for everybody. It is a necessary evil for those who want to go to higher education.  Best of luck in whatever school you choose to go to.

Thanks!!!