Law School Discussion

USD or GSU?

USD or GSU?
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:36:23 AM »
I recently got in off the wait list at U of San Diego, am also accepted at Georgia State (Atlanta). I think San Diego would be the better choice, but all of my friends/family and my boyfriend live on the east coast. I'm also wait listed at Wake Forest-I would go there in a heart beat, but I don't think I'll get in because they seem to be looking at LSAT numbers rather than gpas, and I unfortunately had a bad day when I took my LSAT and scored 5 points lower than the score I had been consistently getting on all of my timed practice tests. Anyway, if anyone has any advice/useful info about either of the schools I would appreciate it. I have been out to visit GA State, but not San Diego. Also, how hard/easy is it to transfer from schools? I think I might eventually want to try and transfer to an east coast or NC school... but I dont know.

Alamo

• View Profile
Re: Ahhh I don't know where to go!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »
Hopefully someone who knows something about these two schools will chime in, but I thought I'd at least say that conventional wisdom dictates that if you're pretty sure you want to practice in an area, you should go to law school in that area (unless it's an elite school).

I've only visited San Diego once (and I absolutely loved it), but it's expensive, and you'd probably have to do very well in your class (or have other networking connections in an area) to find a job on the east coast.

There are certainly things to be said for each school - just realize that if you choose USD, you're probably starting a whole new life for yourself, to a much greater extent than you would be at GA state.

Re: USD or GSU?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 06:16:47 PM »
If you want to ultimately live in the east coast, you should probably go with GA. It helps to have family and loved ones around you as you go through the stress of studying and exams. I'd say go with GA.

Re: USD or GSU?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 06:53:10 AM »
i dont know , seems like you really want gs, so go there. me personally, i couldnt turn down usd (though its 3000 miles away for me too). when the question is where to go and there arent many other factors that are helping you decide (like money etc) it can be tough. You cant really listen to what other peoples opinions are in this matter.  just go where your heart decides and where you'll be most happy, and nobody on the board can tell you where that is. both will give you good opportunities in different areas. Good luck deciding