Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any "soon to be Rutgers-Newark 1Ls" currently in NYC?  (Read 1228 times)

jurisDoc09

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any "soon to be Rutgers-Newark 1Ls" currently in NYC?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 08:05:58 PM »
Consider looking for apts in Montclair.  Nice place, close to Newark, and you can find a nice apt for cheap.  You'd better have cash if you wanna live in Hoboken.

Is Montclair accessible from Rutgers-Newark via public transportation? I'm taking off from work this Friday to check out the hood and am curious about your suggestion. Thanks
Attending: Rutgers - Newark

jurisDoc09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 08:11:43 PM »
hoboken to rutgers newark is about 15-20 mins....   i'm from NJ so i know the cost of apartments around here, i know it'll be at least 1000 a month in hoboken, but i'm saving money anyways cause i was planning on spending 28k per year on tuition for MSU before i got into rutgers

Congratulations on being accepted! The cost of tuition and proximity to NYC legal opportunities were major factors in my decision to attend Rutgers-Newark. The general sentiment on this board seems to be that Hoboken and Jersey City are much more livable than Newark. Guess I'll be checking these areas out. Thanks.
Attending: Rutgers - Newark

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »
Consider looking for apts in Montclair.  Nice place, close to Newark, and you can find a nice apt for cheap.  You'd better have cash if you wanna live in Hoboken.

Is Montclair accessible from Rutgers-Newark via public transportation? I'm taking off from work this Friday to check out the hood and am curious about your suggestion. Thanks

Yeah, that's the down side.  Montclair to Newark is a hop, skip, and jump by car, but I don't think the trains connect them anymore.  So a car is a must.  If public transportation is an issue for you and you don't want to live in Newark, then Hoboken or Jersey City are your best options.  I would opt for Hoboken.  The only nice part of JC is the Waterfront, and it's as expensive as Hoboken, if not more so, plus Hoboken def has more life.  Parking is a gonna be a b!tch, though.

Good luck.  I'll see you in August.  You'll recognize me; I'll be the tallest guy in your class.

Benashja

• AOL Instant Messenger - JustJoshing11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 09:36:47 PM »
ahhhh i need a place to live and a roommate!  lol
Touchdown (accepted): Rutgers-Newark, Saint Louis, Michigan State, Albany, Gonzaga ($5500), Tulsa ($10000), Florida Coastal ($12000)
3 and Out (waitlisted): Penn State, Case Western
Fumble (rejected): Denver, Miami, IUPUI