Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan waitlist letter  (Read 1061 times)

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Michigan waitlist letter
« on: June 21, 2006, 12:26:39 PM »
I got a letter yesterday from Michigan releasing me from its waitlist.  Not too surprising considering what I've been reading but wondering if others got this as well?

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan waitlist letter
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »
Wow, that soon? That sucks. :(
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:28:55 PM »
Honestly, I was surprised they didn't just reject me so no worries. It would have taken a lot for me to change my plans like that anyways at this point. 

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »
Honestly, I was surprised they didn't just reject me so no worries. It would have taken a lot for me to change my plans like that anyways at this point.

yeah it looks like you did really well for yourself anyhow.  :) In my case tho, I am still holding out hope for michigan.  :-\
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!  ;)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;)

thanks. and hey, am i reading your LSN right...you turned down Cornell for BU? Was it just cause of the money?

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 01:40:39 PM »
That and location.  I want to be in Boston anyways and I asked around.  Most lawyers in Boston thought BU with that kind of scholarship was pretty close to Cornell w/tons of debt.  It was a tough decision though and I went back and forth for months.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 01:42:57 PM »
That and location. I want to be in Boston anyways and I asked around. Most lawyers in Boston thought BU with that kind of scholarship was pretty close to Cornell w/tons of debt. It was a tough decision though and I went back and forth for months.

interesting. well, i guess if you are set on staying in boston then it does make more sense. not a bad choice at all.

betterlatethannever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »
got the "short short list" email on the 15th like everyone else, but haven't received my release yet.  this is surprising since my application didn't go complete until the first week of may and so i thought that made me a poor wait list candidate.

here's to hoping though!

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »
got the "short short list" email on the 15th like everyone else, but haven't received my release yet. this is surprising since my application didn't go complete until the first week of may and so i thought that made me a poor wait list candidate.

here's to hoping though!

just another example of how weird this whole process is. good luck!!