Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

0 (0%)
 0 (0%)
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Cast Thy Vote  (Read 1689 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Thy Vote
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »
Such was the case for Grutter.  She was rejected twice from UM and her application was declined at all other law schools.  Notice that the media and others do not talk about that.  When the Court did not decide in her favor she did not reapply.  Rather she went back to her old job.  So she wasn't really dedicated to being an attorney. 

didnt know about that.  UM as in Miami??? That's my alma mater- yeah they reject ppl like its a new sport. 

but maybe her pride was a little hurt 

Michigan, homey.  Come on now, Where you been?   :P

LOL

[shaking head at finally]

But going back to Mivida's point, Barbara Grutter scored a 161 on her LSAT.  A 161 folks.  We're talking about University of Michigan with a 161. 

I scored a 162 on the LSAt and if I got a rejection letter from U. Mich, somehow I don't think I'd be entitled to bring a lawsuit for somebody taking my seat.  Maybe that's just me.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 11:11:08 AM »
I'm torn. I think a lot of it has to do with an improper understanding of what it takes to be considered qualified.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 12:13:46 PM »
"white" with friends at the university.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 12:21:44 PM »
Plaintiff Barbara Grutter earned a B.S. with high honors from Michigan State University, where she maintained a 3.81 GPA. She graduated in 1978 and scored 161 on her LSAT, but she postponed law school for a career as a health-care consultant and manager. In 1986, she founded a successful health-care information firm, and in 1996, at age 43, she applied to the UM law school. Grutter was wait-listed and eventually rejected, allegedly unable to find admittance to another law school due to her rejection. She since has gone back to her business and raising two children.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 12:56:49 PM »
Plaintiff Barbara Grutter earned a B.S. with high honors from Michigan State University, where she maintained a 3.81 GPA. She graduated in 1978 and scored 161 on her LSAT, but she postponed law school for a career as a health-care consultant and manager. In 1986, she founded a successful health-care information firm, and in 1996, at age 43, she applied to the UM law school. Grutter was wait-listed and eventually rejected, allegedly unable to find admittance to another law school due to her rejection. She since has gone back to her business and raising two children.

Why would she be rejected from other schools because she was rejected from UM?  That's bs.  And if she really wanted to attend ls there's plenty of lower ranked schools that would have accepted her with her #'s and experience.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

John Galt

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 02:30:18 PM »
She was likely denied because of her LSAT and Age, not her race.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 03:44:36 PM »
Such was the case for Grutter.  She was rejected twice from UM and her application was declined at all other law schools.  Notice that the media and others do not talk about that.  When the Court did not decide in her favor she did not reapply.  Rather she went back to her old job.  So she wasn't really dedicated to being an attorney. 

didnt know about that.  UM as in Miami??? That's my alma mater- yeah they reject ppl like its a new sport. 

but maybe her pride was a little hurt 

Michigan, homey.  Come on now, Where you been?   :P

LOL

[shaking head at finally]

But going back to Mivida's point, Barbara Grutter scored a 161 on her LSAT.  A 161 folks.  We're talking about University of Michigan with a 161. 

I scored a 162 on the LSAt and if I got a rejection letter from U. Mich, somehow I don't think I'd be entitled to bring a lawsuit for somebody taking my seat.  Maybe that's just me.

now how did I know YOU ,sands, of all ppl would find my ONE "ditzy" (uh, yeah i knew that. . .sure) moment and exploit it!!!   LOL.   ;) :D ;)

What do u mean- lawsuits are the American way; the wave of the future!!  I just wish I had the cajones (sp?) to try that with MY score hehe.   :-X
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 07:08:46 PM »
Eh, I'm of the mind that these AA detractors who try to claim that they are trying to keep the well being of African American psyches in mind are liars.  Like others have said, the Sander study has be debunked by many, and one cannot neccessarily claim that African American drop out rates are the sle consequence of not being adequately prepared.  It's crap.
Columbia 3L

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 10:03:56 AM »
Note to self: 

"assholish" (coined by MoniLi) and "crap" (coined by Miss Celies Blues) two legal terms I must get up on! 

:D :D
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 04:55:47 PM »
Ha ha finally....sad 2 sad, "crap" is one of my fav words.

But srsly...no one questions whether legacies who have below mean stats are prepared for the school.  *&^%, there's a famous legacy fam @ brown right now (don't wanna give the exact name) and his stats weren't that hot (I know bc my friend worked in the admissons office)--yet, no one is questioning him.

Also...why is AA  always spoken of in reference to blacks? Wtf? Again, crap.
Columbia 3L