Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 380 times)

bucky

• badgerbadgerbadger
    • AOL Instant Messenger - you+have+to+ask.
    • View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 12:05:11 PM »

We have recently learned that bucky rocks out pretty hard.

Crimson11

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Application Question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:15:19 PM »
It may not make a huge difference, but it does show that the person wasn't just sitting around all day doing nothing with their time.  If the person has a lot of academic credentials and great numbers, it's always good to show that you also got some exercise.  I guess the whole point of what I'm saying is, it can't hurt.
Attending: HARVARD

Optimus Prime: NYU, UVa($$), UPenn, Georgetown, HARVARD!!, Columbia
Megatron: Stanford, Yale
Skyfire: University of Chicago
Still waiting: Duke

anrya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 02:23:13 PM »
What about intramural under water basket weaving? I got exercise and made some great baskets!

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »
So what that they put down intramurals? I'm gonna put it down in my applications along with my clubs. Not everyone is just in "clubs"...some people like sports and recreation. Also like someone else said, it shows they didn't just sit around in their room all day.
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

anrya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 05:14:54 PM »
I think law schools will see right through the sh*t and be annoyed of having to look through long lists of - President of the Dodge Ball Club, Member of Crazy Hair Club... etc etc bull crap.

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »
I think it shows you are willing to invest time in campus life beyond academics and clubs.  Plus, some people take leadership positions in intramurals.  It makes you more interesting and shows you are not a lump on a log, especially if your traits seem to contradict.