4 (26.7%)
Don't care
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Terror  (Read 3607 times)

jgruber

Re: Terror
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2004, 10:48:12 AM »
You are forgiven, in the name of Harvard, Yale and Stanford.

Go in peace, serve the law.

:D

Forgive me, Jeffjoe, if you can. I have been in LSAT world since June.

Minc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2004, 10:57:17 AM »
Hey Tim (or anyone) - I'm just curious:

"If Iraq stabilizes and becomes a relatively free society (and remember, it doesn't need to be free like Delaware;  Free like Turkey would be fantastic), it has the possibility to be an enormous strategic gain in the long-term fight against Fundementalist Islam."

I don't get what the Delaware reference means? (This is definitely not me getting involved in the debate on this thread - I just found this and was interested to see what it meant.)

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2004, 10:59:23 AM »
Hey Tim (or anyone) - I'm just curious:

"If Iraq stabilizes and becomes a relatively free society (and remember, it doesn't need to be free like Delaware;  Free like Turkey would be fantastic), it has the possibility to be an enormous strategic gain in the long-term fight against Fundementalist Islam."

I don't get what the Delaware reference means? (This is definitely not me getting involved in the debate on this thread - I just found this and was interested to see what it meant.)

Just an indication that Iraq doesn't need to have the same strength of democratic institutions as the US for it to be a big improvement on what was there before.