Donnie Jeffcoat

• This monkey's gone to heaven.
    • View Profile
deleted
« on: June 17, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
deleted

dbgirl

• View Profile
My bicycle and I are going to become fast friends.

Just tell the women you do it for the environment ... or your health.
Otherwise the grown man on bicycle thing seems a little silly.

There was a guy I knew who pretty much rode his bike everywhere ... but he had a car, so it was a choice.

SouthSide

• Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
Yeah, I couldn't imagine living without a car anywhere except for Chicago and NY. Even in Chicago, it would suck not to have wheels.

Enjoy being 15 all over again for the summer!

Alamo

• View Profile
In NYC you're better off with the bike than the bimmer anyway.  But yeah, it does kind of take you back to second grade.

I bike everywhere in Chicago, and I love it.  I go whizzing by cars stuck in traffic during the morning rush hour.

burnt scott

• burnt out.
    • View Profile
so, we know credo has a bike :D

Andrew Largeman

*TLC comes on*

"...A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me. Hanging out the passenger's side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me..."

I just hope the part in bold won't soon be you, Alec. New York girls can be brutal :D

Translation: NYC girls are golddiggers...

dbgirl

• View Profile
I've got nothing against bikes - I'd like to get one.  And living in a city now, I can understand that sometimes driving is a PITA.

I guess I just associate grown men on bike w/some pretty immature people I've known.  :-\

dbgirl

• View Profile
*TLC comes on*

"...A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me. Hanging out the passenger's side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me..."

I just hope the part in bold won't soon be you, Alec. New York girls can be brutal :D

Translation: NYC girls are golddiggers...

How does expecting a grown man to drive make a person a gold digger?
I don't care what kind of car a man drives ... I appreciate frugality.

Andrew Largeman

It was a half-hearted remark. I forgot to add the  ;)

But is there really much use for a car in NYC?

Andrew Largeman

I think we can all agree that a guy that doesn't have a car because he doesn't have a job or life ambitions is fairly worthless. Not because he doesn't have a car, but his life choices that lead him to not have a car are the real red flags.

And Alec does have that compelling explanation of pursuing higher matters and sacrifices are made in order to achieve them. Hopefully those New York girls will see that.