Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If the election were held today, who would  you vote for?  In alphabetical order:

George W. Bush
 23 (46%)
John F. Kerry
 23 (46%)
Ralph Nader
 0 (0%)
None of the above
 4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Who would you vote for?  (Read 3736 times)

jgruber

Who would you vote for?
« on: August 14, 2004, 04:23:11 PM »
You can change your votes.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you vote for?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »
jj did u vote? if so that means u wouldn't be voting at all, why not?

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 04:45:08 PM »
I voted for none of the above.  I would vote, but not for any of those three.

I have a very hard time voting for someone who I do not want as president.  So I vote for odd ball parties that cannot possibly win.

I may vote for Kerry, but only to remove Bush.  That is not what I normally do.  Usually my vote is just a protest vote against the two major parties.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »

I have a very hard time voting for someone who I do not want as president.  So I vote for odd ball parties that cannot possibly win.

I may vote for Kerry, but only to remove Bush.  That is not what I normally do.  Usually my vote is just a protest vote against the two major parties.

I feel ya. At this point I think they would all @#!* up. The only reaon I vote is b/c my people fought so hard to able to have the right too. In all reality, I'm not the gambling type, but I figure Nader is never gonna win, so my vote would be wasted, so that takes me to other other 2. And while there isn't too much of a difference between the 2 in terms of policy, I'd rather take the gamble with Kerry. I mean we already see what Bush can do, seriously, how much more do we have to lose?

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 05:00:41 PM »
I was thinking about the vote the other day.  My people came here before there was a country so 'we' didn't have to fight for it, but for black people and women and others, people had to die to win the vote.

And now people just take it for granted.

I feel ya. At this point I think they would all @#!* up. The only reaon I vote is b/c my people fought so hard to able to have the right too. In all reality, I'm not the gambling type, but I figure Nader is never gonna win, so my vote would be wasted, so that takes me to other other 2. And while there isn't too much of a difference between the 2 in terms of policy, I'd rather take the gamble with Kerry. I mean we already see what Bush can do, seriously, how much more do we have to lose?

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 05:08:38 PM »
I was thinking about the vote the other day.  My people came here before there was a country so 'we' didn't have to fight for it, but for black people and women and others, people had to die to win the vote.

And now people just take it for granted.

Exactly. And it's so sad, especially when black people or women don't vote.  and futher, that's why I get heated when I here people say things like "my ancestors came here and they had to overcome this and that what's wrong with black people?" well yes I understand that, and that's screwed up too. but do you understand that laws had to be passed so that black people would no longer be considered 3/5 of a person? and that other than women black people are the only group in America in which an act had to be passed so that we could vote?
that's why I love places like Toronto, sure there's racism in Cananda, but not as pervasive as here in the states, when u go to Toronto all u see are mixed race couples, it's literally the rainbow coalition. it's beautiful. 

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 01:05:04 PM »
wow... I would not have thought that this would be a tie at the moment.  I figured Bush would get one or two votes in 20 on this board.  This seems to mirror a trend in society at large, though.  There are a lot of vocal complainers about Bush, but somewhere there must be some supporters quietly wandering along (or FOX news would be bankrupt!).
3.8/155

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 01:33:35 PM »
I voted for None of the above.

Were the election today I'd vote for Michael Badnarik. I disagree somewhat with the Libertarian parties foreign policy, but I think most of their platform is very good. Plus, Texas isn't a swing state and Bush will carry it easily, so I might as well try to get the Libertarians some funding.
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor

jgruber

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 03:30:05 PM »
Remember you can change your vote and I encourage you to do that if you change your mind.

If we do this it can be a running indication of consesnus.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 02:15:15 PM »
i still dont know who ill be voting for, if i vote at all.

Hundreds of people on LSD and only 25 votes ???
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'