Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need advice: Ipod in car = visible or hidden install?  (Read 464 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Need advice: Ipod in car = visible or hidden install?
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:44:24 PM »
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice: Ipod in car = visible or hidden install?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:54:56 PM »
that's why my car will have a tape deck. 
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 12:02:01 AM »
tape deck adapter + ipod is the easiest option.  one day i'll own a porche w/ a tape deck in the dash and a cd changer in the trunk.   :D  it can't be too hard to mod.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

supergirluw

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 12:42:28 AM »
For my bday I got a nifty new deck that came with an ipod install - the install guys ran the connector cord thingy (i'm such a girl) into the glove box and i just plug my ipod into that when i'm in my car. I have direct access to the entire ipod via the deck - its actually easier to use than the ipod's controls (go figure.)

Before that, I just used an iTrip (by Griffin) and when not in the car took the ipod with me. It sends the ipod signal via radio to your car radio. A little staticy at times but it got the job done.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »
i have the that itrip thing too. it works pretty well. also, it can cause interference with other drivers' radios, and annoying people is always fun.  :P

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »
I'd install the holder on the outside. 

As I understand it, the biggest problem involving car theft is the car itself.  :-\
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »
I'd install the holder on the outside. 

As I understand it, the biggest problem involving car theft is the car itself.  :-\

Actually - there have been some other problems w/car theft....cops have a whole new problem on their hands w/drug addicts (specifically meth).  Apparently they need cash so they go around getting into peoples cars and taking spare change, sunglasses, cds - anything they can turn quickly for $$. 

We had this problem in my neighborhood recently (and I live in surubia america). They especially target unlocked cars or unlucked garages - anything that is easy access.

The cops told us that the had just voted to give up a month of overtime to run ads on tv and at the movie theatre reminding people to lock their doors and keep valuables out of view.  Apparently they are spending a huge % of their time on these minor breakins - they happen at night and in groups. 

Thought I'd share...

Philly, not so much.  They take the whole damn thing unless they're interrupted.  (Or in my case, realize that no one taught them how to drive a manual transmission midway-through. >:( )
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

burnt scott

• Sr. Citizen
  • burnt out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
your breakin story is a little funny, lil.

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
hmm... i'd avoid the bracket idea, but thats just because i dont like visible installs.

you could always just get an entirely new head unit that gives you access to all your playlists remotely.

what kind of car do you have? the pic you showed looked like a vw or an audi.
Iowa Law Class of '09