54 (25.8%)
gal - no
 18 (8.6%)
Gal - I already am
 11 (5.3%)
Gal - Dunno
 28 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Author Topic: Are you marriagable  (Read 14616 times)

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: Are you marriagable
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2006, 10:52:54 AM »
::) ::) ::)

and your divorce?

a really interesting time too?

Well, there's always a certain level of risk involved in every venture. It's all about the risk/reward ratio. There is a possibility that the partnership would have to be dissolved. On the other hand, there are a number of advantages to such an alliance. Some wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole; others may find it a worthwhile investment.
Who's your Daddy now?

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2006, 10:55:31 AM »

I think I used to think you were "older" or something. Like, 30's? Actually, I don't even know how old you are, you very well may be in your 30's.

I'm 23. Just graduated college.

really? wow. I totally had the wrong impression of you. I think I may have confuesd your posts or something. Don't worry tho, I have done it before. I used to get B and Bruin mixed up all the time.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2006, 10:57:35 AM »

I think I used to think you were "older" or something. Like, 30's? Actually, I don't even know how old you are, you very well may be in your 30's.

I'm 23. Just graduated college.

really? wow. I totally had the wrong impression of you. I think I may have confuesd your posts or something. Don't worry tho, I have done it before. I used to get B and Bruin mixed up all the time.

yeah, and you also thought that I was a mail order bride :D

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2006, 10:58:59 AM »
orangie, you AREN'T a mail order bride ??? ??? ??? :D
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »
NOW, A MAIL ORDER BRIDE MIGHT BE OK.....

a nice shiney new one, low mileage
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 11:01:17 AM »
I would like to get married just cuz I don't want to be 65 and alone. However, the notion scares me. Not for any emotional reason but for the mere fact that I'd fear for my life if I fu*ck something up. I watch Forensics Files a lot and 9 times out of 10 you've got the husbands killings their wives to either a)cheat or b)cash in the life insurance.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 11:03:03 AM »
I would like to get married just cuz I don't want to be 65 and alone. However, the notion scares me. Not for any emotional reason but for the mere fact that I'd fear for my life if I fu*ck something up. I watch Forensics Files a lot and 9 times out of 10 you've got the husbands killings their wives to either a)cheat or b)cash in the life support.

so, dont worry until you find out hes taken out a hefty life insurance policy on you.

or starts dressing nicer....

Cree83

• Sr. Citizen
  • henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »
i pretty much agree with annabel.  i think that it's the relationships we have with people (including ourselves) that make life.  failure isn't the end of the world, and it can be beneficial if you get something out of the experience.  and anyway i don't necessarily think that if a marriage doesn't work out, it's a failure.

that said, i'm not sure i feel the need to get married married.  common law maybe?
She said "love, love, love is all that matters"
I said "sure, I guess, whatever"
She said "what does that mean"
I said "nothin, it's just good to have a backup plan"

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »
Interestingly, I was just talking about this last night....

I definitely want to get married, I think it would be a worthwhile experience, and I'm as confident as I can be (while realizing that there is a possibility that I could be wrong) that when I enter into a marriage, it will be a successful one (barring major, unforseen circumstances)

I don't have the statistics to back this up, but I get the impression that the majority of couples can be grouped by their opinions on marriage/the expectations of marriage/and their practical approach to marriage, and certain groups would be MUCH more prone to divorce.

And like I said, I'm kind of just pulling this out of my ass, so don't yell at me too loudly....

well, your so loveable, who could resist?

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 11:24:24 AM »
Sax and I are already married... in my head.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive