Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October or December?  (Read 722 times)

englaw

• View Profile
October or December?
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm new to this game and am not sure whether writing for the LSAT in Oct will give me enough time to prepare (I haven't started yet).  It will make it easier to get into schools (able to apply early) but then giving myself the months till December may increase my score.  Advice?
ACCEPTED: American, George Washington, U Washington
DEFERRED: Duke
WAITLISTED: Northwestern
STILL WAITING: UCLA, USC
REJECTED: Georgetown, Michigan, Berkeley

ghostpirate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: October or December?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 01:00:08 PM »
Are you still a student?  If so, my advice is (assuming you haven't started school already) study for the LSAT hard core for a couple weeks and take october.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather not mess up my senior year with LSAT studying; I've seen it happen to too many good people.

englaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 01:08:12 PM »
No, I'm working now.  But I want to start law school in 2005.  My main concern is getting a lower LSAT score because of rushing to do the test.  Is it possible to register for Oct then change to Dec at the last minute if my prep isn't going as planned?  Are there people out there who think 1 month of prep is enough? (I am about to do my first practice test today so don't know where I stand).  I did manage to get high GRE scores after 2 weeks of full-time study.  This time it would be 1 month for the LSAT, but on the side of work, so part-time.
ACCEPTED: American, George Washington, U Washington
DEFERRED: Duke
WAITLISTED: Northwestern
STILL WAITING: UCLA, USC
REJECTED: Georgetown, Michigan, Berkeley

jd4me

• gpa 3.49/lsat Oct
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:12:48 PM »
If you register for the Oct. 2 test, you can change the test date as late as Oct. 4 via fax, phone, or online.  By mail the latest is Sept. 13.

dgatl

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 01:18:58 PM »
if you want, you can take the october test and if you think you did bad then cancel the test on the way out of the test center.