Law School Discussion

Difficulty of Dec 05 vs. June 06

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty of Dec 05 vs. June 06
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 12:14:55 AM »
Past three years. Remember kids, there was that notoriously easy scale a few tests back that the notoriously cruel  June 05 scale was probably correcting for.  Depending on the median going into June 06, whether there is still further correction necessary, and the  performance of June 06 testers, will probably determine how the scale will be determined. I think.

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 04:35:51 AM »
I checked out posts from December and it seems that the overall consensus was that the test was easier than most of the recent ones before it although people were definitely not expecting the real curve, most were thinking -11 = 170. I felt that LR was definitely easier (missed 0 on both sections) and LG and RC were about the same as June 05. I sure hope we don't get the disappointment they got in December with that awful curve.

LizPendens™

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 04:51:22 AM »
Remember, people, to differentiate between the scale and the difficulty of the test, and though thids thread is about the last two released tests, to mine for information on the LAST THREE YEARS before drawing conclusions.

There is usually a corresponding scale to a tests difficulty, but not always, as lsac sometimes misfires on the difficulty of the test and have to correct for that on the scales of future tests. This might be where some of the weird scales of the last few months are about.

See my post above and apply to June 06. My point is, without knowing how far off the mean, or median or whatever they use for the three-year sample data, the test is resting right now, it's difficult to predict the scale for June.

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 05:02:39 AM »
I think the scale has a lot to do with difficulty at least based on my experience with preptests. Maybe what they mean about the 3 year thing is that they use questions from experimental sections of the last 3 years worth of tests and of course based on that they should know how difficult or easy the test takers perceieved those questions to be.

LizPendens™

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:46 AM »
Usually, but take into account that there have been two incredibly out of whack scales during the last three years, and we don;t know it's been completely corrected for. That's all I'm saying. 

polkadot

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 05:14:21 AM »
Usually, but take into account that there have been two incredibly out of whack scales during the last three years, and we don;t know it's been completely corrected for. That's all I'm saying. 

Maybe they'll overcorrect this time.  :D A girl can hope.

LizPendens™

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 05:17:04 AM »
ha ha polkadot, why not dream.  ;D

[edited to correct having put wrong name in sentence. It's time for Liz to get some shuteye...]

LizPendens™

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 05:36:50 AM »
bucky! Don't say that!  I may end up taking the December test, especially now that they are taking the highest score.