Law School Discussion

What do you guys think about this?

Re: What do you guys think about this?
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 12:17:57 AM »
These schools have no problem poaching students from other schools via waitlists deep into the summer and sometimes even after the start of class. Screw them.  They are looking out for their bottom line.  Your responsibility is to look out for your's.

I would dismiss this letter as desperate and hypocritical crap.

Re: What do you guys think about this?
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 03:15:15 AM »
These schools have no problem poaching students from other schools via waitlists deep into the summer and sometimes even after the start of class. Screw them.  They are looking out for their bottom line.  Your responsibility is to look out for your's.

I would dismiss this letter as desperate and hypocritical crap.

A lot of people forget that schools end up going into their waitlists because two-deposit people wait so long to tell a school they're not coming. The people who pull out in June or July make it harder for schools to evaluate students within a timely fashion. I don't really care so much about the schools, but when you're sitting on a deferral and waiting to hear something by early May and then end up waiting until the end of June or even July because so many people are sending in double deposits, it gets really frustrating. Schools don't decide to pull people off a waitlist in August for the heck of it, they do so because other people pulled out.