Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?  (Read 12426 times)

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2006, 08:01:31 PM »
Hey guys, i will try and make it there.

BTW, where is the bq being held?

hopeful20

• Toast for tomorrow, but drink for today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2006, 08:08:46 PM »
ok, so greengrl just came by and mothered/lectured me and she is right, i still have a lot of unpacking to do, and kevin, you should be unpacking too - you've barely moved in!  classes start in two days.  so, i am going to back out on tonight's outting...yes, i am a terrible person.   :P  sorry guys.  i suggest we postpone it to either wed night (we get out of class early) or sat after the exam.  does that sound good with you guys?

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »
ok, so greengrl just came by and mothered/lectured me and she is right, i still have a lot of unpacking to do, and kevin, you should be unpacking too - you've barely moved in!  classes start in two days.  so, i am going to back out on tonight's outting...yes, i am a terrible person.   :P  sorry guys.  i suggest we postpone it to either wed night (we get out of class early) or sat after the exam.  does that sound good with you guys?

Yes, that would be much better for me, as I am not even sure if I can make it tonight as I am going to hang out with some girls I met at 7.30PM. I would have felt bad leaving them to come hang out with u guys, I think Sat after the final is a good idea!!   :)

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2006, 08:14:03 PM »
weeeellll i'm surely not going alone, so i guess postponing it is fine :(
Iowa Law Class of '09

hopeful20

• Toast for tomorrow, but drink for today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2006, 08:16:45 PM »
you'll thank me (well actually this was greengrl's idea) later, when you have less stress to pile on top of our crazy class/study schedules.  :P

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2006, 08:18:19 PM »
haha, yeah, don't scare the boy already!!

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2006, 11:45:35 PM »
you'll thank me (well actually this was greengrl's idea) later, when you have less stress to pile on top of our crazy class/study schedules.  :P

oh man,now I feel like the grandma! I'm lecturing while still looking at unpacked boxes

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Magnus frater spectat te
    • View Profile
    • Take the Roger Water's Cynicism test!
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2006, 06:52:57 PM »
Well, I'm having a grand ole time so far.. Iowa City and environs continue to exceed my expectations at most every turn. The food is good, the students seem nice and our Professor for intro is is very gentle. I'm in the same class as Kev so he can register his own take. I'm certainly down with a post-exam Saturday afternoon LSN cocktail hour or some such pressure valve for this first week.  ;D
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett

Juice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
Anyone here know what the chances are of being admitted at Iowa after receiving a letter stating that my file was placed in the hold catagory? They go on to say that 50% of all applicants are placed in this catagory. I am an in-state applicant with very borderline numbers but great soft factors. Does the school really accept many people off this 'hold' catagory?

bubDread

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »
be ready for intellectually and socially unmotivated people in the UG.  But be ready for some HOT community college girls.