Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?  (Read 12438 times)

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2006, 10:24:42 PM »
i'll be around later tomorrow afternoon--let me know what you guys decide

hahah...local Iowa bar. Oh lord :) Are we SURE we're ready for this :)

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2006, 11:15:55 PM »

LMAO, yeehaw, ima ready 4 this her thing ;-)

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2006, 12:25:42 AM »
saturday night works well for me also.

do yall have suggestions  on a place to go?

i've no idea where anything is, so i'll took a look at citysearch and see what i can come up with.
Iowa Law Class of '09

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2006, 12:33:03 AM »

OMG girls you've GOT to check out the cowgirl hats with the Hawkeye emblem in the bookstore. I'm buying one just to wear it home and scare my friends.

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »

Haha, I don't wanna scare people, hehe

Well, let me know what you guys decide.

OMG girls you've GOT to check out the cowgirl hats with the Hawkeye emblem in the bookstore. I'm buying one just to wear it home and scare my friends.

hopeful20

• Toast for tomorrow, but drink for today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »
did you want to meet somewhere around the old town area - southeast of campus, on clinton?  maybe we can grab dinner or coffee before deciding on where to go?  from a cursory citysearch search, it looks like there are several bars/laverns on that street, or around that area.  let me know.  i'm going to run some errands and continue unpacking, and perhaps start on our reading assignment if time permits.  i should be free by 8pm.

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »
did you want to meet somewhere around the old town area - southeast of campus, on clinton?  maybe we can grab dinner or coffee before deciding on where to go?  from a cursory citysearch search, it looks like there are several bars/laverns on that street, or around that area.  let me know.  i'm going to run some errands and continue unpacking, and perhaps start on our reading assignment if time permits.  i should be free by 8pm.

thanks for replying. i looked at the old capitol area also, my only concern was parking. it looks like it could be difficult. never having been, i can't say for sure tho. may i suggest the coralville area? i saw two places right on hwy 6(aka 2nd st.) between 1st st. and rocky shore drive. one was called the vine tavern and eatery, and the other place (i forgot the name) was a pub-type joint in a squatty brown building.

we could go to the vine, and then maybe the other place if you like. what do yall think? i'm thinking we could meet about 9pm.
Iowa Law Class of '09

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2006, 05:24:16 PM »

thanks for replying. i looked at the old capitol area also, my only concern was parking. it looks like it could be difficult. never having been, i can't say for sure tho. may i suggest the coralville area? i saw two places right on hwy 6(aka 2nd st.) between 1st st. and rocky shore drive. one was called the vine tavern and eatery, and the other place (i forgot the name) was a pub-type joint in a squatty brown building.

we could go to the vine, and then maybe the other place if you like. what do yall think? i'm thinking we could meet about 9pm.

Hey guys, I def wanna come. Liz please call me if you guys haven't decided by 7.00pm. I am meant to meet a girl at 7.30PM, but wanna still meet up with u guys later on!!   ;D

hopeful20

• Toast for tomorrow, but drink for today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2006, 06:53:51 PM »
9pm sounds good.  not to be a party pooper, but i dont want to stay out too late, especially since we have the bbq at 4pm tomorrow and i still havent done the reading and i have a few boxes of cloths and shoes still anxiously waiting to be unpacked and put away  ::)

good idea re the vine kevin; i thought about the parking issue with the downtown area, but didnt know of another option.  plus, coming from LA, where it's perfectly normal to spend a good half hour looking for parking, i didn't give the parking thing that much of a thought.  :D

so the vine at 9pm? 

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2006, 07:53:12 PM »
um, what do you mean you haven't done the reading yet? i've already done it 6x, made flashcards, and showed up at the professors house to ask questions, haha.

nah though, i haven't done it either. i should be, but TV is so much more interesting right now. there's always later, i guess.

so yes, the vine at 9pm!
Iowa Law Class of '09