Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?  (Read 12442 times)

blocke123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2006, 09:17:36 PM »

hahah..yeah i'm not really worried. i'm super super sarcastic (trust me, you'll get it within five minutes of meeting me :) ) i'm looking forward to the class in a weird way only because i think i will feel a little more comfortable having a "primer" to the way our legal system is set up. not that I don't get it but it's been a long time, ya know? i'm so nervous but there is this small sliver of excitement about learning again--i'm kind of looking forward to a few all nighters.

i'm weird. i warned you ALL remember that :)

Kevin, where are we meeting Friday Mr. Social Chair??

I've no idea! Having never been to IC for more than a couple of hours, I can't recommend anything. There's a wonderful outlet mall between IC and Des Moines, we could meet there ;)

Seriously though, maybe some of yall who are going up early can scout a place? I think there may be some spots in Coralville that I remember seeing.

Fair enough--I'll be up there first so once I get settled I'll see what I can come up with. It's not like it's a HUGE city--I'm sure we'll all meet each other up in the middle of town

Six days to moving and i STILL can't get my movers to call me back. Seriously--this is insane :)

I'm up for a little meeting before school.  Did everyone get an e-mail stating that Iowa would be offering an elective course for the first year?  That would be really interesting.  Also, does anyone remember if we get GPA and/or rank BEFORE we start looking for internships for the Summer?   

Also, did anyone get their class schedule yet?  I was told that I shouldn't expect anything until August 1st.  Chicago-Kent asked me to send in some confirmation and I noticied that Iowa did not require anything like this.  Basically after our "acceptance" back in March I haven't had to send in anything!  I'm a little nervous.
Wants to meet me under the bleachers: DePaul ($$$), John Marshall ($$$ withdrawn), American, Miami (withdrawn), IOWA, Kent ($$)
Wants to meet me by the bike rack: Indiana
Told me they need to wash their hair: Loyola

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2006, 10:23:07 PM »

hahah..yeah i'm not really worried. i'm super super sarcastic (trust me, you'll get it within five minutes of meeting me :) ) i'm looking forward to the class in a weird way only because i think i will feel a little more comfortable having a "primer" to the way our legal system is set up. not that I don't get it but it's been a long time, ya know? i'm so nervous but there is this small sliver of excitement about learning again--i'm kind of looking forward to a few all nighters.

i'm weird. i warned you ALL remember that :)

Kevin, where are we meeting Friday Mr. Social Chair??

I've no idea! Having never been to IC for more than a couple of hours, I can't recommend anything. There's a wonderful outlet mall between IC and Des Moines, we could meet there ;)

Seriously though, maybe some of yall who are going up early can scout a place? I think there may be some spots in Coralville that I remember seeing.

Fair enough--I'll be up there first so once I get settled I'll see what I can come up with. It's not like it's a HUGE city--I'm sure we'll all meet each other up in the middle of town

Six days to moving and i STILL can't get my movers to call me back. Seriously--this is insane :)

I'm up for a little meeting before school.  Did everyone get an e-mail stating that Iowa would be offering an elective course for the first year?  That would be really interesting.  Also, does anyone remember if we get GPA and/or rank BEFORE we start looking for internships for the Summer?   

Also, did anyone get their class schedule yet?  I was told that I shouldn't expect anything until August 1st.  Chicago-Kent asked me to send in some confirmation and I noticied that Iowa did not require anything like this.  Basically after our "acceptance" back in March I haven't had to send in anything!  I'm a little nervous.

In that first email/packet combo we were told that we would receive our sections and schedules in the second mailing at the end of July (which will arrive this week, to be mailed tomorrow actually) They did caution against us buying books quite yet, though, because sections *could* change slightly.

Your acceptance and two deposits along with receipt of all appropriate "what to expect" emails pretty much seals the deal. I got an email asking for an official transcript b/c I forgot we needed to send one in and then after that received the official "ok champ NOW your acceptance is official". Other than that we wait.

Not sure when we get rank--what's up gunner? hahah...You would interview for all that stuff after our first semester, for the most part, so you'll have those grades? I'm sure rank is always available and will be shoved down our throats at every chance. If you want/need it, i'm sure you can get it.

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2006, 01:01:39 PM »
yo dudes:

it looks like our section assignments have been posted through ICON.
Iowa Law Class of '09

gcs451

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »
Actually, there is nothing yet posted on ICON.  However, if you log onto ISIS go under student records and then click on class scheudule, it will show you your class schedule. 
University of Iowa Class of 2009

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2006, 01:09:02 PM »
its there, but you have to login with the username and password that they sent in the email  / packet (i haven't seen the packet yet).
Iowa Law Class of '09

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »
Hey, count me in on the meeting ;-)

I signed up for the state fair as well.

Also, I see my classes in isis. Cool! Only in school until about 12.30pm each day! Pretty sweet!

hopeful20

• Toast for tomorrow, but drink for today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
I'm in section 2 and 10A.  I think I may be in your section Kevin, unless there are more than one Kevin (didn't check).  As for the schedule of classes, I noticed an error.  For Contracts with Linder, that's for section 2 (on Monday and Tuesday) and not for 4.  I've email the registrar to let them know of the error.  For a bit there, I was confused as to why we only had one contracts class for 2 hours, and everyone had it 4 days of 1-hr classes for contracts.

gcs451

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2006, 04:11:49 PM »
Section 2 as well. 
University of Iowa Class of 2009

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2006, 04:17:10 PM »
I'm in section 2 and 10A.  I think I may be in your section Kevin, unless there are more than one Kevin (didn't check).  As for the schedule of classes, I noticed an error.  For Contracts with Linder, that's for section 2 (on Monday and Tuesday) and not for 4.  I've email the registrar to let them know of the error.  For a bit there, I was confused as to why we only had one contracts class for 2 hours, and everyone had it 4 days of 1-hr classes for contracts.

Hiya  ;-)

how are you seeing the names of the other people in your class?
And where are you seeing the section?
Are you looking in ISIS?

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2006, 04:22:51 PM »
Section 2 and 10A as well, hopeful20. There is another Kevin J in the section, I'm Dawson. Good eye in spotting the scheduling error, btw.

gcs451, what writing section are you in?

Terabithia, all of this info is listed on the ICON site that they sent us in an email this morning.
Iowa Law Class of '09