Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?  (Read 12230 times)

hopeful20

• Toast for tomorrow, but drink for today.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, who's still excited about Iowa?!?
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2006, 03:37:12 PM »
I was browsing the Iowa's website and found that they posted some new stuff for admitted students today, including the reading assignment and syllabus for our Intro to Law and Legal Reasoning class.  I know they'll send us a copy of it via mail, but thought you guys would be eagered to see it now:  http://www.law.uiowa.edu/prospective/admitted.php

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »
thanks, hopeful! i looked earlier this week and hadn't been updated yet.
Iowa Law Class of '09

hopeful20

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2006, 03:48:12 PM »
anytime!  the reading assignment are not too bad - about 50-60 pages a night, although definitely not like the easy orientation week during undergrad.  ::)

gcs451

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »
The pass/fail part certainly calms the nerves.
University of Iowa Class of 2009

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2006, 04:48:04 PM »
i can't get my movers to call me back but they want me to start reading? hahaha...oh lord, this next month is going to make me feel like i'm 18 all over again

if i fail this exam i'm quitting, fyi :) no remedial van in law school for me :)

hopeful20

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2006, 05:25:49 PM »
i probably wont have time to read anything until the wednesday or thursday before orientation week at the earliest. 

no worries greengrl, i'm sure you'll do fine on the test - we all will.  plus, they did state that we can retake it until we do pass.  other than a blow to the ego and confidence, i think the test is harmless.  good luck with the movers! 

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
The pass/fail part certainly calms the nerves.

agreed, but just barely.
Iowa Law Class of '09

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »
i probably wont have time to read anything until the wednesday or thursday before orientation week at the earliest. 

no worries greengrl, i'm sure you'll do fine on the test - we all will.  plus, they did state that we can retake it until we do pass.  other than a blow to the ego and confidence, i think the test is harmless.  good luck with the movers! 

hahah..yeah i'm not really worried. i'm super super sarcastic (trust me, you'll get it within five minutes of meeting me :) ) i'm looking forward to the class in a weird way only because i think i will feel a little more comfortable having a "primer" to the way our legal system is set up. not that I don't get it but it's been a long time, ya know? i'm so nervous but there is this small sliver of excitement about learning again--i'm kind of looking forward to a few all nighters.

i'm weird. i warned you ALL remember that :)

Kevin, where are we meeting Friday Mr. Social Chair??

Kevin26.2

• Sr. Citizen
  • i love this movie
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »

hahah..yeah i'm not really worried. i'm super super sarcastic (trust me, you'll get it within five minutes of meeting me :) ) i'm looking forward to the class in a weird way only because i think i will feel a little more comfortable having a "primer" to the way our legal system is set up. not that I don't get it but it's been a long time, ya know? i'm so nervous but there is this small sliver of excitement about learning again--i'm kind of looking forward to a few all nighters.

I've no idea! Having never been to IC for more than a couple of hours, I can't recommend anything. There's a wonderful outlet mall between IC and Des Moines, we could meet there ;)

Seriously though, maybe some of yall who are going up early can scout a place? I think there may be some spots in Coralville that I remember seeing.

Iowa Law Class of '09

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »

I've no idea! Having never been to IC for more than a couple of hours, I can't recommend anything. There's a wonderful outlet mall between IC and Des Moines, we could meet there ;)

Seriously though, maybe some of yall who are going up early can scout a place? I think there may be some spots in Coralville that I remember seeing.

Fair enough--I'll be up there first so once I get settled I'll see what I can come up with. It's not like it's a HUGE city--I'm sure we'll all meet each other up in the middle of town

Six days to moving and i STILL can't get my movers to call me back. Seriously--this is insane :)