Law School Discussion

Visiting Law Schools

corinnas54

• practice lsat 170, gpa 3.93
    • View Profile
    • Email
Visiting Law Schools
« on: June 14, 2006, 12:51:33 PM »
Hi, I am new to this forum, just found it today. I have a question hopefully some one can answer. I have read alot of books that say you should go around and sit in on some classes at schools you might apply to. When can you do this? I am a sophomore right now at Umass, is it too early for me to go this upcoming year? If so, when should I start?

SouthSide

• Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting Law Schools
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:28:54 AM »
Hi, I am new to this forum, just found it today. I have a question hopefully some one can answer. I have read alot of books that say you should go around and sit in on some classes at schools you might apply to. When can you do this? I am a sophomore right now at Umass, is it too early for me to go this upcoming year? If so, when should I start?

If you're close to some law schools you are interested in, like some in the Boston area for you, for example, then you can go ahead and do this. I wouldn't go flying all over the country before I even go t admitted, though. Wait until you get in to some schools, and then go visit.

Octavian

• The joy of waiting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:27:55 PM »
I think you should wait until you are about one year away from beginning law school before you begin visiting.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 01:07:17 PM »
I think that for now, you should do research the schools you'd like to attend. Then, after you've been accepted, visit the schools to make a final decision. You don't need to visit the schools to get a sense for the ones you'd like to apply to.