Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those leaving work to attend Law school,Post your resignation letter:  (Read 2627 times)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
This is my resignation letter, just sent it in:

Dear Mr. Charles C:
I am writing to thank you for giving me the opportunity to work here during the past three plus years both as a full time and part time staff. Fortunately for me, my career path have taken another turn, I  have decided to pursue a legal career. I have accepted admission to attend Northeastern University School of Law this coming fall and I will be leaving the employment here on July 28th 2006.

The skills and wisdom that I acquired under your leadership and guidance will forever be treasured. I do appreciate it all. Thank You for everything.

Thanks
John O

| J |

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks, I'll be using that.
USD '09.  Sunny San Diego, baby!

OES_Tiff

• Sr. Citizen
  • The "sole" reason I got myself into this crap!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dear Warren R.,

I would like to thank you for providing me with this excellent opportunity for the last 7 months.  Unfortunately, I have to tender my resignation in order to attend law school where I will be surrounded by individuals who are smarter than the morons I currently encounter on a daily basis.  While I realize that National Security is important to American Society, "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Kerry."

My decision to pursue a career in law is mostly selfish.  I realize that working until old age isn't acceptable.  Instead I will work for Profess, Shunnel, Group, Ehoe, LLC, where I will specialize in Entertainment Law in order to meet a rich athlete/entertainer that will sweep me off of my feet.

The skills and wisdom that I acquired "under" (no pun intended) your leadership will never be forgotten and will be put to great use in all of my future endeavours.  I actually taped a few of your "seminars".  Thanxxx for everything.

Me

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
That was pretty good. 

I am very annoyed w/my job and the way both my coworkers and I have been treated lately.  I dont plan to write a "lovey" resignation letter - just simply a "thanks for the opportunity - Im outta hear" kind of deal.

Luckily I have old supervisors that would be happy to write me rec letters if ever needed so I dont have to worry about kissing babies on my way out.

I hate my job right now.
2L

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dear The Man,

Here is a picture of my c0ck.  Suck it, I'm out.

Keep bangin',

J-Smoove

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
That was pretty good. 

I am very annoyed w/my job and the way both me and my coworkers have been treated lately.  I dont plan to write a "lovey" resignation letter - just simply a "thanks for the opportunity - Im outta hear" kind of deal.

Luckily I have old supervisors that would be happy to write me rec letters if ever needed so I dont have to worry about kissing babies on my way out.

I hate my job right now.

I do hate my job but this morning when I told my boss that I'm leaving..he was the nicest man and even sounded hurt that I didn't ask for a letter of rec when I was applying for law school. So i decided to soothe his feelings a bit....in all my boss is not the greatest person but he single-handledly gave me this job.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Jontor - I think your letter is great and will be helpful to others that are drafting theirs.  Im not saying a nice resignation letter is not right - it is the definitely the right thing to do and you will be happy you handled it that way in the long run. 

Just saying I may not be that mature.   ;)
2L

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Jontor - I think your letter is great and will be helpful to others that are drafting theirs.  Im not saying a nice resignation letter is not right - it is the definitely the right thing to do and you will be happy you handled it that way in the long run. 

gotcha

OES_Tiff

• Sr. Citizen
  • The "sole" reason I got myself into this crap!!
    • View Profile
    • Email

LOL!!  Me either.  My boss sucks a$$. 

Slow Blues

Here's mine.

It is with deepest regret that I announce my intent to resign my position as SICK-ASS TITLE at COMPANY.  I am leaving to pursue a graduate degree at HOT LAW SCHOOL.  My last day will be DATE YOU NEED TO BE OUT.

I have sincerely enjoyed working with everyone in DEPARTMENT. Thank you for the opportunity to work here.

I look forward to maintaining a positive and professional working relationship during these next six weeks, and beyond.