Law School Discussion

#49 on the master LR list

• View Profile
Re: #49 on the master LR list
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »
Something had to have been worded funny with one of the answer choices then because they wouldn't put two flaws and then two answers to two separate flaws.

Not necessarily.  Several of the most recent tests have had questions removed due to poor logic, including Dec 04 and Jun 05.  Not all LSATs are perfect.

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 01:04:31 PM »
Like I said, I feel certain the conclusion involved "People should not compare themselves to others", which is just too broad of a statement to make as compared to "People should not compare themselves to those whoa re more or less able"

I agree with this.  what i said earlier still stands, indeed, follows from it.

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 02:10:34 PM »
Something had to have been worded funny with one of the answer choices then because they wouldn't put two flaws and then two answers to two separate flaws.

Not necessarily.  Several of the most recent tests have had questions removed due to poor logic, including Dec 04 and Jun 05.  Not all LSATs are perfect.

It _all depends_ on the sequence of words in the conclusion, I think most people agree with the sequence : If you dont compare to other people, you won't be self derisive/dismiisive etc.

Thus, 100% sure, provided that thats the conclusion, that alt cause is the answer. Me and mike had a huge debate  with xero over this already, really just _depends on wording of the conclusion_.  Theres 2-3 other questions on the list that are similarily entirely dependent on the wording of the answer/stimulus (best/truth/art,  consiousness/intelligence,  Athlete/Salary,  Sophisticated Tools).  These five questions imo should be put with a disclaimer, stating the type of wording which would make a makority answer correct, and the type of wording that would make the minority answer correct.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 02:12:44 PM »

It _all depends_ on the sequence of words in the conclusion, I think most people agree with the sequence : If you dont compare to other people, you won't be self derisive/dismiisive etc.

Thus, 100% sure, provided that thats the conclusion, that alt cause is the answer. Me and mike had a huge debate  with xero over this already, really just _depends on wording of the conclusion_.  Theres 2-3 other questions on the list that are similarily entirely dependent on the wording of the answer/stimulus (best/truth/art,  consiousness/intelligence,  Athlete/Salary,  Sophisticated Tools).  These five questions imo should be put with a disclaimer, stating the type of wording which would make a makority answer correct, and the type of wording that would make the minority answer correct.

Agreed.  Wording is so important to these logical constructions.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »
I went with Beneficial's answer choice of overlooking the possibility that one could at the same time be doing both things A and B as the flaw.

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »
that warms my soul.