Law School Discussion

#37 on the master LR list: Objection!

Re: #37 on the master LR list: Objection!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »
I'm 110 percent confident this is the true TCR.

Haha, I'm around 95% certain that it's the correct TCR. As people are wording the majority response, it is basically a rewording of the conclusion; not an assumption.  I don't think the LSAT would do that with an answer, though, so I think people are forgetting exactly how it was worded.

c00kie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 04:29:18 PM »
I registered to agree that the response linking the behavior with intelligence is the correct response.

paigeroo

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »
#37 has been changed...

Da5id

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 11:45:52 AM »
The answer I picked was "Complex, goal-oriented tasks require intelligence."  I think it was (A).

I believe the stimulus said something like:  Some complex, goal-oriented tasks can occur without a person being aware of it.  Therefore, the fact that some animals exhibit intelligence does not imply that they have consciousness.

My reasoning: If (A) is correct, then goal-oriented tasks require intelligence, but does not imply consciousness.  Therefore, intelligence does not imply consciousness.

I picked A as well and I'm fairly convinced it's the TCR.

Fifthed. I remember going through this one fine-toothed because A was not quite the answer that I "wanted" to find--- but it was better than the other four, I'm pretty confident. To me it was a case of four bad answers and one mediocre one, so I do have a trace of doubt.... but...