Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Some inconvenient truths…for Gore  (Read 2379 times)

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Some inconvenient truths…for Gore
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:49:29 AM »
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/harris061206.htm

I especially like this quote concerning Gore:

"The man is an embarrassment to US science and its many fine practitioners, a lot of whom know (but feel unable to state publicly) that his propaganda crusade is mostly based on junk science."
What is history but a fable agreed upon?

UVa class of 09.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Some inconvenient truths…for Gore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 11:51:44 AM »
julie like this one:  "you putz.  enjoy nice warm summer this year."

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »
Thanks, I will. 

Although it is a good thing I don't live in the Amazon Valley; the north coast of South America and the Caribbean; New Zealand or the Ganges Valley in India, otherwise I might experience cooler temperatures than in the past few decades.  :o

"Morgan points out that, in addition to the cooling in the NW Atlantic, massive areas of cooling are found in the North and South Pacific Ocean; the whole of the Amazon Valley; the north coast of South America and the Caribbean; the eastern Mediterranean, Black Sea, Caucasus and Red Sea; New Zealand and even the Ganges Valley in India." 

UVa class of 09.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:21:51 PM »
"julie point out that it right to shrug th off.  after all, what consequences of being wrong?"

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »
Canada Free Press....I love the names partisan(both sides) use  they crack me up.
A nice assortment of aging white men.  A few women thrown in for good measure...no minorities and I'm fairly confident that if you looked into the credentials of their "investigative" journalist you'd find most lack any journalism credentials and most have conservative/industry backgrounds.  As for the article itself...

The first scientist it quotes: Prof. Bob Carter.  I give you one  of many websites that came up:  http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=1134

I am too tired and annoyed to look up the rest but, when you want to debunk global climate change...link to a scientific paper that no one understands...that way we can't do the research to see what a putz you are.

Cheers

Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 08:36:21 PM »
Canada Free Press....I love the names partisan(both sides) use  they crack me up.
A nice assortment of aging white men.  A few women thrown in for good measure...no minorities and I'm fairly confident that if you looked into the credentials of their "investigative" journalist you'd find most lack any journalism credentials and most have conservative/industry backgrounds.  As for the article itself...

The first scientist it quotes: Prof. Bob Carter.  I give you one  of many websites that came up:  http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=1134

I am too tired and annoyed to look up the rest but, when you want to debunk global climate change...link to a scientific paper that no one understands...that way we can't do the research to see what a putz you are.

Putz?  Is there an echo in here?

Look, I posted the link because I thought this was a timely topic in light of Gore's new movie.  I also thought it did a good job of offering counter points that one does not often hear from the MSM.  Instead of responding to the article itself, you prefer to cast the CFP contributors as racists, sexists, neocon industry insiders and impugn Prof. Bob Carter's credentials as a scientist by linking to one website (did you even bother to read the article linked to that webpage?).  With all that being said, this article is my first experience with the CFP. 

Rather than discuss any merit the article may have, you would rather resort to the usual tatics of name calling and guilt by association.  They are almost all white men; therefore they are not to be trusted.  Prof. Carter wrote an article for an organization that accepted funding from an oil company; therefore, he is not being intellectually honest and is not to be trusted.  And finally, you are a putz for finding the article interesting.

when you want to debunk global climate change...link to a scientific paper that no one understands...that way we can't do the research to see what a putz you are

Since when has that been the standard on this board?

UVa class of 09.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 09:47:52 PM »
you just bad propagandist.  admit it.

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:18:32 PM »
you just bad propagandist.  admit it.

Obviously...

UVa class of 09.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 10:55:40 AM »
self-awareness first step toward change.

krumanadi

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 11:06:21 AM »
Look, theres Julie Fern with her witty one-liners that have no intellectual bearing on the conversation. 

OP has taken a topic, and chosen a side, and has backed it up.  Julie on the other hand says "you putz.  enjoy nice warm summer this year."

Yeah that is about what you'd expect from a guy who pretends to be a female on a law school message board.

Ok Julie, hit me with those oh-so-funny "preppie" jokes.  Or something about my mother?  Maybe surprise me with <gasp> something new?

Or how about you address the original post instead of offering up idiotic statements that are of no help to anyone.